The Coordinator, Technology and Administration is responsible for the overall coordination of several functions to support the department leadership team as well as the program. Reporting to the Director Professional Practice with shared reporting to the Director, Patient Experience, the Coordinator supports the administrative processes related to the day to day functioning of the departments. The Coordinator assists with enquiries and problem solving issues with internal and external contacts on a daily basis. These responsibilities include organizing and supporting departmental meetings and events, coordinating special projects, supporting human resources processes such as recruitment and attendance management, ordering supplies/equipment for the programs and updating the departmental intranet and internet. Hospital wide responsibilities include site leadership for the policy management system, the virtual library, and coverage for administrative colleagues as required.
- Post-secondary in Office Administration or equivalent required.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- 5 years of recent relevant experience in an administrative role with evidence of proficiency in the areas of project management and leadership skills
- Experience in health care environment required, hospital based experience an asset
- Demonstrated technical acumen and literacy in Policy Management software and systems required
- Demonstrated technical acumen and literacy in managing internal and external websites and virtual databases required
- Demonstrated ability to collect and develop electronic presentations of data
- Flexible working hours to accommodate departmental needs
- Proven customer service orientation
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external partners and to work effectively in a team based environment
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills including proficiency in preparing agendas, taking minutes, drafting written correspondence and designing organizing systems
- Proven project management and organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities, manage time wisely, work well independently and track progress of initiatives
- Demonstrated accountability including collaborative problem solving, effective decision making and sound critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated computer literacy, proficient in all programs in Microsoft Office is required;
- Embody TEHN core values
- Good work & attendance record is required
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.