Production Supervisor (Day Shift - 7 am- 5pm)
We are a growing Frozen Food Processor based in Vaughan, Ontario seeking an experienced, independent, strong Production Supervisor reporting to the Production Manager
- Overseeing the production process, assist in firming the production schedule.
- To ensure lines start on time and if not, conduct a root cause analysis to determine what will be done to resolve.
- Track daily production numbers to ensure production is on schedule.
- Implement and drive continuous improving activates by selecting the proper product on the proper line to achieve the maximum speed and continue to challenge the line standard.
- Product over runs and under run must be reported for each work order and find the root cause of the problem.
- Making sure that products are produced on time and of a good quality.
- Ensure that the number of production personal are correct, and employees are sticking to their schedules.
- To ensure that the holding freezer is maintained in good order and has enough space to ensure smooth operation.
- Be on call as needed to deal with any urgent production related issue and come in if required.
- To work Saturday’s as needed.
- Supervise, coach and motivate the production workers.
- Completely responsible for the waste on the production floor and provide accurate daily report on the waste Line by Line.
- Track competencies of workers and provide leadership and development as required to achieve the company’s goals and objectives.
- To assist and be part of QA audits
- Coordinate with QA and ensure any and all issues are dealt with in an efficient manner.
- Printing of product Labels as needed
- Operating and working within the company’s ERP system as needed.
- Maintaining and checking inventory levels
- Ensure implementation of all health and safety procedures on the production floor.
- Ensure any and all food safety issues are dealt in a swift and safe manner.
- Issue Work Orders to the maintenance department as and when needed.
- Work with the line mechanics to reduce line down time which must be reported with the root cause of the problem.
- Support planning of strategic projects, build scenarios, and make recommendation on project strategy to ensure network sustainability
- Support continuous improvement efforts within realm of capacity planning
Application deadline: 2021-06-24
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Masks, socially distanced procedures, high vaccine rate in the company, temperture checks, daily covid forms to fill out
- Food industry: 2 years (required)