Pandemic Response Worker
One (1) Temporary Part-time position available, starting Sept. 2021
Internal / External Posting
Posting No: 2021-29
Posted: July 16 – 25, 2021
Reports to: Human Resources
The Pandemic Response Worker is responsible for ensuring that potentially infectious entrants to the Medical Clinic are directed appropriately during an outbreak or pandemic situation, as well as other activities related to maintaining an effective pandemic response for the Clinic and Hospital. The Pandemic Response Worker does not provide medical advice or diagnoses.
- Ensure all entrants to the Medical Clinic complete the screening process.
- - For people who are not entering (e.g.: deliveries), ensure that they are assisted by a staff member from the appropriate department.
- Direct entrants as appropriate, according to the outcome of the screening process.
- - This may include advising entrants that they are not permitted to enter.
- Ensure that entrants perform hand hygiene and don Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) if appropriate.
- Set up the screening desk at the beginning of the shift and close / hand off the Screening desk at the end of the shift.
- - This includes gathering appropriate materials and tools needed for the Screening desk, e.g.: portable phone, handouts, stickers, logbook, etc.
- - This includes cleaning and sanitizing of the Screening desk and area.
- Coordinate with clinical staff for break coverage and where assistance is otherwise required (e.g.: questions of a medical nature).
- Ensure that confidentiality and privacy of all entrants is preserved.
- Assist with other activities to ensure that the Hospital has an effective pandemic response.
- Perform other related activities, as necessary or as assigned.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Abilities):
- High School diploma required.
- Experience and/or understanding of medical terminology and practices is an asset.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in a customer service role, or experience deemed to be equivalent.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to listen, understand, and respond appropriately to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to follow standards, processes and procedures. Some critical thinking skills required where deviations from the standard arise.
- Capable of handling difficult or emotional conversations with tact and professionalism.
- Able to be thorough and probing with questioning as necessary.
- Able to gather, record, and track statistical data.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and privacy with respect to all information.
- Current Police Check/Vulnerable Sector Screen and immunization status required upon hire.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise the Human Resources department if you require accommodation.
Qualified individuals may submit a resume and covering letter in confidence via this website.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: 2021-29
Part-time hours: 20-35 per week
Expected Start Date: 2021-09-01
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: From $14.50 per hour
- Company pension
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have experience working in a medical / healthcare work environment?
- Are you available to work on weekdays between 7:30 AM and 7:00 PM? (note: there are two shifts: a day shift and an afternoon/evening shift.)
- Secondary School (required)
- Customer service: 1 year (required)