Cravings Fine Food has become one of Simcoe County’s premier caterers and gourmet food shops through a simple recipe of succulent cuisine, meticulous attention to detail and highly skilled, friendly staff.
Our frozen foods section offers a convenient way to stock up on good hearty classics including lasagnas, pot pies, gourmet stuffed burgers, soups, quiches and the list goes on.
Cravings believes in real food and is passionate about providing the most satisfying and delicious food and catering experiences to our guests.
The role of the Prep Cook is to prepare food products for the retail operation of the business. The main responsibilities include prepping and preparing product to be sold in either the freezer or fridge, and to follow strict recipes and procedures related to the product.
Prep Cook Job Responsibilities:
- Perform routine kitchen tasks.
- Follow the prep list created to plan duties.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, and other meal prep.
- Set up workstation and ingredients so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
- Undertake basic cooking duties, such as reducing sauces and parboiling food.
- Prepare simple dishes, such as salads and lunches
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, and taking out trash.
- Ensure that all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
Prep Cook Qualifications / Skills:
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Knowledge of basic cooking techniques
- Organizational skills
- Manual dexterity
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
Expected start date: 2020-12-07
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.00-$17.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Culinary Arts: 1 year (Preferred)
- line cook: 1 year (Required)
- Prepare, season and cook food as directed, meeting dietary requirements where required
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Maintain inventory and record of food, supplies and equipment
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
- Menu planning
- Food shopping
- Recording food temperature
- Preparing reports