We are looking for individuals that want to learn new skills and like to work with their hands. We have multiple openings available. We need people to work in our blasting and paint shop as well on bridge painting projects located around Ontario. We are eager to train employees to sandblast and spray paint to help them move into new positions and grow with the company.
The duties of the 2 type of jobs we are looking to fill are:
Bridge Painting General Labourer job duties include the following.
- Clean up worksites
- Assist blaster and painters on-site
- Use power tools and machinery (e.g. forklifts) when needed
- Follow instructions from supervisors to perform manual labor tasks.
- Help with setting up and transferring temporary structures (e.g. scaffolding)
Painting Shop General Labourer job duties include the following.
- Help to dismantle customer equipment to prepare for blasting.
- Mask of items to prepare for painting.
- Use air sanders and power tools to prepare projects for paint.
Skills that would have you excel at these jobs are:
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Commitment to safety rules.
We are ready to provide the following training to new employees:
- Forklift Operation
- Airless Spray Painting
- Conventional Spray Painting
We offer Employees Health Benefits as well as an annual safety boot allowance. We provide and pay for all Person Protective Equipment (PPE) employees require. We pay a Living Away Allowance for projects that require employees to stay away from home.
Expected Start Date: 2021-03-14
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$20.00 per hour
The company provides any PPE that is required for you to complete your job. Including some company clothing, coveralls, respirator, hard hat, gloves, hand sanitizer.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place