Role and Responsibilities
- Patrol hotel property to ensure the safety of guests and employees and to protect all hotel assets.
- Answer house calls, assist guests and employees with respect to safety, security and hotel operations.
- Initiate and follow-up all investigations of crimes committed against property and persons.
- Assist sick and injured guests and employees, ensuring documentation and disposition of reports.
- Perform routine checks on alarm systems, safety and fire equipment systems and closely monitoring security of building doors, service areas and delivery areas.
- Initiate investigations, write incident and accident reports, monitor investigations to their timely conclusion and ensure appropriate follow-up with guests, visitors and employees, documenting all contacts.
- Maintain accurate records while performing basic office duties including, but not limited to, camera monitoring, shift activity log, codebook, and employee and guest binder interaction.
- Assist in the orientation of new associates and their ongoing training as it relates to safety & security.
- Manage and maintain lost & found for the hotel and its grounds.
- Minimum of 2 years security experience in a Hotel or related industry; experience within a luxury hotel environment is a plus.
- Must be currently licensed as a security guard and/or private investigator by the ministry of community safety and correctional services;
- Certification in CPR First Aid & SmartServe required.
- Familiarity with Canadian and provincial laws for hotels and safety regulations.
- Must have excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills and must be able to interact with all levels of guests in a professional and cordial manner.
- Exceptional organizational/problem solving skills, must be self motivated and very detail oriented.
- Ability to lift weight up to 70 pounds
Flexible shift availability including evenings, weekends and holidays. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Hotel X Toronto is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- 2 year(s): Security experience in a hotel or related industry
Licenses & Certifications
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $27.00 per hour
Work Location: In person