You are primarily responsible for ensuring that the common areas are cleaned to standard.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Check public washrooms and pool change rooms for cleanliness and ensure there are sufficient supplies. Check regularly during your shift.
- Check supply of pool towels and bring used towels down for washing.
- Ensure lobby and vestibule are clean and mop and vacuum as needed.
- Ensure all glass doors in the lobby are spotless as well as all windows.
- Ensure entrance walkway to hotel is free of litter, especially cigarette butts.
- Empty all outside garbage cans as required.
- Ensure all hallways are clean and free of any obstructions. (cots, cribs etc)
- Clean glass door on fire hose cabinets and dust inside the cabinets.
- Remove all garbage and recyclables from the pantries. Ensure that recyclables are properly separated and placed in the appropriate recycling bins.
- Check all meeting rooms that have been in use and clean as needed.
- Frequently check elevators for cleanliness and litter. Ensure tile floors are kept free of any spills.
- Ensure all ceiling air vents are free from dust in all washrooms, meeting rooms and other public areas.
- Assist Front desk by delivering cots, cribs, extra towels and dry cleaning to guestrooms.
- At the appropriate times close the Fitness Room and Pool.
- Assist in laundry by washing and drying face cloths, cleaning rags and pool towels as time permits.
- Clean or refresh guestrooms as requested.
The above areas of responsibility are not all inclusive and may be amended from time to time.
- Must be flexible to work any shift
- Cleaning experience preferred
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be a team player
- Ability to deal with customers in a polite and professional manner
Delta Hotels by Marriott Kingston Waterfront is committed to providing fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided if required. Our Human Resources Department will consult with the applicant to arrange for a suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s disability needs.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.79 /hour
- Cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- English (Required)