- Grade 12 education (Manitoba Standards)
- Certificate in Business Office Administration course or equivalent education
- One (1) year related experience
- Other combination of education and experience may be considered
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated competency in using current office technology and equipment
- Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers Licence, or equivalent from province of residence, and access to a personal vehicle to provide service within Prairie Mountain Health
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), as well as Internet applications and other Information Technology
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures in a changing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and competence of skills and concepts related to the position
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
- Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
- Ability to work effectively and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, clients and within interdisciplinary team
The Administrative Secretary 2 will provide clerical and administrative support functions for all of the staff and clients who receive services from the program that they support. The Administrative Secretary 2 functions as an integral part of the Health Care Team and performs all duties in accordance with the Mission, Vision, Values, Policies and Procedures of Prairie Mountain Health.
- Provides secretarial support services to a multi-disciplinary team of health care professionals as well as represent the program to outside agencies.
- Sensitive toward the needs of the consumer is essential by ensuring clients are received and provided service with courtesy, respect, privacy, and efficiency.
- Provides clerical support to the program staff and Managers by performing any or all of the following duties:
- Provides reception duties including directing incoming calls
- Responsible for client appointment scheduling, cancelling, reminders and documentation as per program requirements
- Uses appropriate electronic record programs appropriate for task
- Organizes and maintains filing systems by program requirements
- Ensures incoming and outgoing mail is prepared and distributed for all program staff and managers as required
- Prepares reports and data and distributes as necessary
- Assists with booking meeting space and preparations, and book equipment needs as required.
- Provides support for meeting minutes: taking, processing and distributing as required.
- Provides Telehealth service support as required
- Maintains and orders specific program forms and offices supplies
- Archives information as per policy
- Provides clerical support for photocopying, collating and distribution of materials
- Processes documents such as minutes, letters, memos, reports, forms and agendas as directed
- Ensures all communication functions (mail, email, photocopying, faxing, telephone) are performed as required in accordance with PHIA legislation.
- Takes the lead in arranging for equipment ordering and repair as required.
- Accept sorders, receives, completes and tracks requests made to the program.
- Maintains inventories and supplies in coordination with Materials Management.
- Ensures that the program entry area presents in a welcoming, professional organized manner.
- Provides the necessary database development and data entry support to program.
- Manages petty cash, billings, process payments, balance and reconcile as required.
- Provides support, assistance with orientation, and backup to other Administrative Secretaries as required.
- Provides administrative support to other departments as requested.
- Enters and maintains payroll schedules for program staff and Managers as required.
- Manages assigned workload ensuring prioritization and organization to meet the demands of the programs and services.
- Reports urgent matters to appropriate Manager or Director immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
Oct 03, 2023 4:00 PM
Anticipated shift length:
7.25 hour shifts
As per collective agreement
Community Health Program
Brandon Regional Health Centre
Location / Home Base:
HR Posting Number:
Sep 26, 2023