***Candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to qualify***
Job Title: Youth & Bistro Supervisor
Type: Full-time (40 hours/week), Salary
Benefits: Full-time benefits
Department: Youth and Food & Beverage
Reporting To: Childcare, Youth & Bistro Manager
Wage: $45,000 per annum
The Youth & Bistro Supervisor reports directly to the Childcare, Youth & Bistro Manager. The primary duties include supervising and scheduling youth staff, organizing and running youth camps, programs and drop-ins, and coordinating birthday parties. This role is also responsible for working in the Bistro, overseeing Bistro staff, and processing inventory and supply orders.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure that all members and guests receive courteous, prompt, and professional attention to their needs; utilize feedback to improve departmental operations and member satisfaction
- Embody the Club’s three core values: be Powered ON or energized at all times; display a Service First attitude (excellent customer service skills); and able to create FOMO (the fear of missing out) in daily interactions with Club members, guests, and staff
- Display evidence of the following key characteristics required for optimal delivery of customer service to members, guests, and staff: (1) enthusiasm, (2) teamwork, (3) initiative, (4) adaptability, (5) empathy, and (6) accountability
- Go above and beyond to demonstrate awareness and understanding of Hollyburn’s aim to deliver exceptional service to its members
- Communicate and encourage staff to consistently meet and exceed the Club’s service goals
- Anticipate, react and introduce new programs to meet service needs.
Youth Department Duties
- Organize and staff programs for Club youth members. Including, but not limited to events; workshops, pro-d day camps, school holiday camps, programs and birthday parties.
- Coordinate drop-in times for youth spaces as well as staffing of these areas.
- Collaborate with the Childcare Supervisor and Childcare, Youth & Bistro Manager on youth programming and events.
- Attend Youth Committee meetings.
- Attend to customer service, and all programs/services concerns and inquiries; ensure prompt resolution and follow-up to all service inquiries and concerns; provide member follow-up for program services and/or registration.
- Oversee and supervise bistro staff; hiring, training, scheduling.
- Work scheduled shifts in the bistro.
- Oversee supply inventory and places needed orders.
Job Specifications and Qualifications Required
- Demonstrates effective planning, organizational and supervisory skills.
- Exemplifies attention to detail in administrative tasks.
- Displays excellent communication skills.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel spreadsheets; Google calendar, Jonas, GameTime and Hippo an asset.
- Exhibits exceptional interpersonal skills, works well in a team environment.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task efficiently (i.e. ability to work on multiple projects, answer phones, return emails, and handle drop-in inquiries simultaneously).
- Able to work without supervision and takes initiative to improve efficiency and meet challenges.
- Food & Beverage industry experience an asset.
- Youth Services and/or Recreational programming experience and asset.
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Must dress in accordance with agreed upon code appropriate to the Club.
- Must complete a Police Information Check.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Hollyburn Country Club is committed to keeping its members and staff safe during Covid-19. The safety and well-being of members and staff is our top priority. At Hollyburn, each department is equipped with it's own Covid-19 training and protocols.
- What makes you the ideal candidate for this role?
- Customer Service: 3 years (preferred)
- Food and Beverage: 3 years (preferred)
- Serving It Right (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)