Established in 1989, Terlin has become a leader and innovator in full-service general contracting and project management for retail, commercial, infrastructure security, and institutional clients. Distinguished by their end-to-end approach and unparalleled reputation for quality and reliability, Terlin’s state-of- the-art facility houses their custom millwork shop which provides an exclusive focus on the specialized needs of their clients. From design through construction and service, Terlin handles every aspect of construction and delivers outstanding and consistent results.
The Terlin Team is a talented and driven group of experts, trades-people, designers, and project managers. In addition to their skilled partners and sub-trades, Terlin’s complete team is made up of close to 200 dedicated individuals – each committed to making customer service and satisfaction their highest priorities. And they are always looking for great people to join their team!
Terlin is currently searching for a fulltime, experienced, and dynamic Project Estimator to join their Construction Division. The environment is fast-paced and growth-oriented – ideally suited for individuals who like to take charge and are driven to build on current successes.
The Project Estimator is an integral member of the corporate team – responsible for delivering timely and accurate project estimates for construction projects. They are responsible for reading and interpreting tender documents, drawings, and specifications under the direction of the Senior Project Manager, while collaborating with clients, sub-contractors, and colleagues to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
Specifically, the Project Estimator will be responsible for:
- Estimating quantity take-offs from architectural drawings and specifications – including comparing original drawings, addendums, and quotes.
- Completing final bid submissions for review and overseeing the final tender document submission to the client.
- Fostering and maintaining strong relationships with clients, vendors, and subtrades while establishing unit costs, labour rates, and productivity considerations in order to ensure accurate pricing.
- Trouble-shooting and exploring alternate configurations and construction details.
- Provide preliminary construction estimates based upon conceptual designs.
- Maintain required estimating databases.
- Performing additional assignments per Senior Project Manager’s direction.
The successful candidate is a self-starter who possesses excellent communication skills, is extremely organized, detail-oriented, has a positive attitude, and a strong knowledge of construction methods, materials, and trades.
- Minimum three (3) years of estimating experience.
- Gold Seal Certification is a definite asset.
- Professional and diplomatic.
- Excellent time management and computer skills.
- Ability to prioritize and think outside the box when needed.
- Willingness to adapt to new concepts.
- Ability to recognize issues as challenges.
- Capacity to work well under pressure.
- A valid Secret security clearance (or ability to successfully obtain same) is a requirement of the position.
- Bilingual (English / French) would be a definite asset.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
What Terlin Has to Offer
Terlin offers employees the opportunity to work on innovative projects alongside dynamic, dedicated, and talented teams who possess a strong drive for success.
Their comprehensive benefits package is designed to meet the demands of each individual’s life at work as well as at home. Employees are eligible for coverage under Terlin’s benefit plans and are encouraged to participate in any, or all, of their benefit programs.
Terlin is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusiveness in their company.
Do you have the drive, the experience, and the commitment to excellence to be part of the Terlin Team?
If you think you have what it takes, and would like to join an organization that offers proven corporate leadership, opportunities for career advancement, great team spirit, and entertaining social events, then let Terlin provide you with an excellent place to work, grow, and excel!
To learn more about Terlin Construction Ltd., visit their website at www.terlin.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those qualified will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Estimating: 10 years (Preferred)