Open up to the Possibilities!
At Purolator, you’ll be proud knowing you’re working for a Canadian company that truly values its employees. And it’s community. This is an exciting and evolving industry and we’re leading the change as we strive to deliver the future. Here you will be empowered to help move the business forward. Each and every day. Are you open to the possibilities?
The Manager of Talent Acquisition is responsible for leading the national recruitment strategy and executing on the recruitment roadmap. This role will lead the development of a recruitment Centre of Excellence (COE), which will set the standards and expectations for recruitment nationally. Key strategic recruitment focus areas for this role and the team include: standards and governance, marketing & EVP, vendor management, data and analytics, technology and automation and strategic recruitment initiatives for frontline and non-unionized roles. This role will partner with both Corporate and Field HR to implement the recruitment strategy, and lead continuous improvement efforts (specifically through a National CI Recruitment Team and a Regional Recruiter Network – which will both have dotted lines to this role).
- Empower, coach and develop the Talent Acquisition team to become a recruitment COE for the organization.
- Prioritize the team to execute on the recruitment strategy and roadmap, ensuring that critical improvements are implemented and sustained.
- Monitor and assess performance of the team and develop talent on the team.
- Invest in recruitment skill development across the organization (hiring managers and recruiters)
- Set clear expectations for team and clarify roles and responsibilities for the COE and field/corporate HR.
- Establish key metrics and monitor team and overall recruitment effectiveness.
- Responsible for partnering with key internal stakeholders for vendor selection, contract negotiations and ongoing vendor management.
- Monitor and assess vendor effectiveness through data and analytics and through feedback from HR partners, ensuring that real-time improvements are implemented to address gaps.
- Lead continuous improvement of recruitment programs, processes and activities through the COE, as well as through a National Continuous Improvement team (consisting of HR members from each region).
- Leverage the recruitment strategy and roadmap and reviewing ongoing recruitment metrics and feedback, this role will prioritize CI initiatives and ensure they are implemented in an efficient and effective manner.
- Critical business partner to Corporate and field HR leadership. Success in the role will require an understanding of critical business needs, as well as long-term talent forecasting and planning.
- Influence change and be the go-to for consulting on complex talent acquisition challenges (ex. strategies to attract talent in challenging labour markets).
- University education, with a focus in HR Management is preferred or a Certificate in HR
- 7+ years progressive experience in talent acquisition is required
- 7+ years in leadership experience is required, with a proven ability to coach, lead, manage and engage a performance focused team
- Proven track record as a recruiter, preferably with experience hiring a multitude of different roles across levels and functions in an organization (from frontline to leadership)
- Experience with applicant tracking systems and recruitment platforms and tools (ex. Job boards, social media, assessment tools, etc.)
- Experience developing and implementing strategic recruitment programs
- Strong problem solving skills & organizational skills
- Ability to work cross functionally in a highly collaborative environment with internal stakeholders and vendors
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to rapidly changing circumstances
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple activities
- Ability to work with internal technology tools such as applicant tracking system (Successfactors, Taleo, Kenexa, workday, BambooHR)
- Experience with Microsoft Suite of products is required
- Experience accepting, auditing and tracking (in partnership with Finance), the organization’s spend on recruitment agencies and partners, and will assess ROI on an on-going basis to inform decision-making
Location: 530 - Corporate
Working Conditions: Office Environment
Reports to: Director HR, Corporate Services
Purolator is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We recognize that our employees and their families are key stakeholders. We will only be successful as a business if we provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace and we have the right people in the right roles with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills. To learn more about us and our values, go to www.purolator.com.
At Purolator, every day is an opportunity for our employees to connect with one another and with our customers to help make a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- cross-provincial recruiting: 4 years (preferred)