Human Resources Manager – Craigwiel Gardens
Craigwiel Gardens is a charitable, independent, not-for-profit organization founded on Christian values. We are committed to providing quality services to individuals, both those receiving and offering care. We are located in Ailsa Craig, a rural village located in Southwestern Ontario.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Human Resources Manager will be responsible for providing HR leadership and support to the organization through understanding the corporate culture and strategic plan. Will be expected to help anticipate, plan for, and implement employee solutions that maximize support to the organization by providing professional, strategic, and hands-on operational support to enable the organization to attract, recruit, manage, develop and retain employees.
Specifically, this position will be accountable for:
- Providing strategic leadership and working with the leadership team, on personnel issues facing the organization
- Contributing to the execution of the operational plan through the creation and implementation of strategies that recruit, develop, and retain employees.
- Supporting and/or leading the development and implementation of various programs and initiatives in relationship to recruitment, performance management, compensation management, recognition, organization effectiveness, retention, training delivery, HR policy & procedures and health & safety
- Providing professional guidance and advice in various HR disciplines to ensure all internal policies and legal requirements are met.
- Leading the development of recruitment strategies and planning to support recruiting needs – full cycle recruitment of hourly, salary and management roles.
- Facilitating decision process to conclusion, providing advice and guidance to assist management in their decisions and to ensure a fair, objective, and equitable decision process is maintained.
- Providing advice and counsel on a range of employee related issues
- Coaching managers on performance improvement discussions and performance improvement plans; where necessary, facilitating discussions between management, employees, and unions in helping resolve situations.
- Ensuring compliance with policies, employment standards and collective bargaining agreements in each employee relations situation
- Planning and facilitating all terminations to ensure standards and best practices are followed.
- Supporting annual performance appraisal processes
- Working with management to review department recommendations to ensure fair and equitable application of HR guidelines.
- Working with management to help identify and assess HR issues that may be affecting the performance of the team.
- Providing guidance and recommending solutions on a wide array of performance effectiveness issues, including role clarity, structure, performance management, management skills, gap analysis and development plans, talent development, succession planning and team building
- Proactively working with managers to provide the lead as well as advice and counsel on absence management cases, including short term disability and long-term disability, including WSIB.
- Facilitating and supporting effective return to work protocols, etc.
- Directing the employee experience and ensuring all processes for employee on-boarding and orientation are informative and welcoming for all new staff.
- Fostering a fun, innovative, empowering, and engaging culture, and environment.
- Maintaining an awareness of emerging trends and best practices in HR
- Understanding elements of the payroll process, including ROE.
- University degree/College Diploma combined with CHRP/CHRL designation is considered an asset.
- Minimum five (5) years of strong HR leadership experience in a management role
- Strong recruitment abilities (full cycle recruiting)
- Proven critical thinking and ability to assess risk and create plans to mitigate risk
- Exceptional HR operations and development experience
- Excellent project management experience with a strong ability to multi-task
- Collaborative HR professional with experience supporting multiple executive stakeholders and capable of providing effective guidance.
- Problem solving skills, ability to determine root cause of complex issues and arrive at sound HR/Business solutions
- Ability to attract, build, retain, coach/mentor and inspire all employees in the organization.
- Ability to produce clearly written and time-sensitive reports.
- Willingness to participate in ongoing learning.
- A current, clear, criminal reference check with vulnerable sector clearance.
- Long Term Care experience an asset.
- We offer an excellent benefit package and RRSP plan.
Deadline Date: May 14, 2021 at 4:30pm or until a suitable candidate is found.
The full job description available upon request.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records Search and a TB Skin Test are required.
Craigwiel Gardens is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications/resumes from all interested parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require further assistance with the application process, please email us or call 519-293-3215.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply to:
221 Main St.
Ailsa Craig, ON N0M 1A0
Application deadline: 2021-05-14
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Human Resources: 5 years (preferred)