- Satisfy customer needs for service.
- Ensure that service is completed in accordance with established company policies and contract obligations.
- Repeated lifting and physically demanding work
- Complete daily routes as assigned by the Route supervisors.
- Perform end of day driver check-ins to ensure complete and accurate paperwork completion.
- Ensure assigned routes are completed in a timely and safe manner.
- May perform some additional responsibilities as assigned by the Route Supervisors.
- Responsible for curbside pickup of waste/recycling containers on the assigned route
- Responsible to aid driver in all backing maneuvers
- Responsible for proper container placement at each customer stop
- Proactively participate in GFL safety culture and training
- Report any incidents
- Working in a safe manner
- Punctual and excellent attendance
- Must be able to work varied shifts
- Completion of high school
- 1-2 years of physically demanding work experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer focus
- Proven ability to multi-task & ability to prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of industry
- Previous waste and or recycling experience
- Residential curbside collection experience
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care