If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, to drive your career development, embraces diversity and rewards innovation, with competitive pay and great employee programs, join the Ainsworth team today!
Under the direction of the Director HSE, this position will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of the HSE Management System and maintaining and documenting compliance with HSE standards and programs. This specialized position within the Ainsworth HSE team will support Ainsworth Business Units nationally.
- Administer enterprise software (eCompliance & Intelex) to ensure HSE action items are assigned to an employee, completed, and are electronically closed out.
- Coordinate with the HSE team in incident reporting and record keeping – including injuries, vehicles accidents and near misses
- Maintain and document compliance with HSE standards and programs including COR.
- Assist with the early and safe return to work program
- Monitor hardcopy HSE records from Business Units to ensure action items are assigned to an employee, completed, closed out, and records are filed.
- Review HSE records and provide feedback to employees and supervisors to ensure forms are fully and correctly completed by employees.
- Provide monthly reports to senior managers on status of HSE records.
- Upload reports on records in HSE software to support COR audits.
- Coordinating the delivery of HSE training to field and office personnel in accordance with the annual HSE training plan and specific targets
- Work within the HSE department to maintain training records, mark quizzes, training data entry in HSE software, provide certificates, enter employee time sheets, provide training reports and ensure system data entry.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in an HSE role – Strong administrative and organization skills required
- A recognized 4 year post-secondary education.
- Excellent computer skills on enterprise systems and Microsoft Suite of products particularly Excel and Word.
- Strong verbal, written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are required for this opportunity.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and process large volumes of records each day with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize a heavy workload, and meet deadlines.
- Previous experience working with unionized trades in similar industry, an asset.
- Cooperates and supports team members.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals
- Working knowledge of the English language both written and oral.
- Professional, friendly, and engaging interpersonal skills.
- Provides service to HSE team and other internal stakeholders (employees and management on a national basis.)
Why work at Ainsworth?
Ainsworth is growing at an unprecedented rate and to help attract and retain top talent, we provide benefits on your first day with us. We offer a wide variety of benefits including the following:
Benefits: Comprehensive health, dental and medical benefits, including wellness supports, RRSP matching and generous vacation
Growth: In-house training and development, access to LinkedIn Learning and other professional development opportunities, Employee performance-based bonus program, where applicable
Rewards: Service milestones and peer recognition plus Employee Discounts and Incentives
Flexibility: Hybrid working models, where applicable
Diversity: An inclusive organization that embraces diversity and belonging; work in a great team atmosphere with future potential for promotion within company
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth is an integrated multi-trade company, offering an end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best multi-trade company in the country! Join us…. Make a difference.
#LI - Hybrid
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Nepean, ON K2E 7Z2