Join our world class team at Sonora Resort, a luxury all-inclusive Relais & Chateaux Resort, in the unspoiled wilderness of British Columbia.
Our staff have a passion for delivering an exceptional service experience for our guests and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic and beautiful environment.
Sonora Resort is a remote location located in the Discovery Islands of British Columbia. This position is required to work on site at the Resort during the operational season from Mid-April to October. For the right candidate, this position has the potential to grow into a year-round position with winter work at Sonora’s Head Office in Richmond, BC in the off season.
The IT & AV Coordinator will have a passion for excellence in guest service and a strong background in technical support. This position is responsible for the technical support of Sonora resort’s staff, guests and facilities and will undertake guest services duties as required. They will be expected to function within a team environment and provide a world class experience for our guests.
Summary of Responsibilities
Reporting to the Operations Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate desired service behaviors in accordance with Relais and Chateaux expectations.
- Maintain company computers on site.
- Physical Network Maintenance i.e. installing Switches, Cables, replacing APs etc.
- Troubleshoot and maintain working state of all audio-visual equipment at Sonora (Home Theatre, Conference Center (Projectors and Audio), Golf Simulators, Satellite Television Distribution, AV + Light Control Systems).
- Plan and execute A/V component of events such as musical performances, meetings etc.
- Communicate with Head Office support and outside vendors on technical issues until point of resolution.
- Guest services including relief cover of Front Desk, room walking, creating fishing licenses, financial transactions with guests, assisting with queries and other support duties as required by the Operations Manager.
- Training users and guests on the function and proper use of various technology through the resort.
- Coach team members in matters relating to IT where appropriate.
- Ensure effective working relationships and clear communication is maintained with all colleagues and departments.
- Ensure that all equipment, fixtures, and furniture of the department are kept in the best repair possible and are used in a safe and proper manner in coordination with the Operations Manager.
- Drive small electric vehicles around the resort.
Company and Department Responsibilities
- Recognize that Sonora Resort is a service-oriented organization and act accordingly.
- Ensure good communication daily with the department manager on all issues, particularly those affecting customer services, employee relations and the economical operation of the department.
- Keep department manager informed on all matters that may affect the operation of Sonora Resort & London Drugs or on the attitudes of its employees.
- Reflect sound employee relations and a positive attitude towards Sonora Resort & London Drugs.
- Understand and adhere to all guidelines as set out in company policies.
- Maintain a professionally groomed appearance that reflects positively on the company.
- Perform any other reasonable duty or assignment requested by the department or General Manager.
- High School Diploma required; any additional education or experience in the Hospitality, Tourism, related fields would be an asset.
- Technical School or University/College certification in an IT related field.
- Two (2) year(s) of experience in working in an IT related environment.
- Experience working with technology in a corporate environment (Active Directory, Exchange, File Servers, VLAN’s etc.) is highly desirable; experience in a live-in resort environment is preferred.
- Familiarity with ResortSuite (or other Property Management Systems), SQL and databases (MSSQL, Oracle), Database Reporting (SSRS, Tableau, etc), iOS devices, document formatting, Vantage Controls, RTI Remote Control Products, projectors and Noritsu products (or equivalents) are all assets.
- Experience with Point of Sale software, hardware and their associated processes.
- Inventory management and control experience.
- Experience with photography/videography and photo correction and organization using Adobe CS products an asset.
- Must be fluent in English, second language an asset.
- First Aid & AED certificates are an asset.
- Shift work is required during resort operational season; comprised of 10 working days and 4 non-working days, subject to change during peak season; employees are expected to be flexible in their scheduling to meet the needs of the business.
- Shift work may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Staff are required to leave the resort on their scheduled non-working days and are responsible for securing accommodation and further transportation thereafter.
- Accommodation, meals, water taxi transportation and staff amenities are provided while at the resort, along with competitive hourly wage.
Applicant must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Sonora Resort is an equal opportunity employer that aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
Please ensure you submit a cover letter and resume in your application.
We wish to thank all applicants; however, due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. No telephone inquiries please. Be advised, Sonora Resort does not use third party recruitment services.
About Sonora Resort
Sonora Resort, a Relais & Chateâux property, is located on Sonora Island in the Discovery Islands of British Columbia. It is accessible by boat or air, and 50 minutes by helicopter from Vancouver. Known as one of Canada’s hidden gems, Sonora has a unique place in the world because of its secluded location, abundance of natural beauty and wildlife, with luxury accommodations and gourmet cuisine. Sonora operates seasonally from May to October and is part of the Relais & Chateâux association of the world’s finest hoteliers, chefs and restaurateurs that has set the standard for excellence in hospitality.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract