Are you energized by developing learning curriculums using innovative technologies? As a key member of Organizational Development and Diversity, the eLearning Specialist will provide leadership in the design, development, implementation, support, and evaluation of the eLearning Program at the Scarborough and Rouge Hospital. The eLearning Specialist will have administration responsibilities for the Learning Management System. Reporting to the Manager, Organizational Development and Diversity, the candidate will work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure the eLearning Program deliverables are aligned with strategic directions of the hospital. The eLearning Specialist will ensure content hosted on the Learning Management System (LMS) meets high quality instructional design principles and is based on adult learning theory and accessibility. They will promote LMS administration and eLearning best practices. They will also support subject matter experts through the eLearning project process. The role will also lead and support additional Organizational Development and Diversity projects when required, including the design/maintenance of OD & D Intranet sites.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
In collaboration with the Manager, Organizational Development and Diversity:
- Works with subject matter experts to design and develop appropriate content for eLearning modules
- Identifies, develops, and distributes reports from the LMS
- Collaborates with IT to support any required LMS changes/updates
- Supports communication and training plans
- Creates job-aids and provides training as required to promote effective LMS usage
- Creates standards and statement of process documentation for the LMS
- Develops and follows criteria for determining the appropriateness of educational content for on-line delivery
- Regularly evaluates eLearning courses and recommends changes based on findings
- Acts as a resource for eLearning and Education Technologies to team and organization
- Evaluates and modifies eLearning initiatives on an ongoing basis
- University degree in a related discipline (e.g. Adult Education, Organization Development, Educational Technologies, Instructional Design, and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience)
- Minimum of 5 years′ experience in instructional design and development along with experience designing and developing eLearning content, surveys, and quizzes
- Minimum 2 years experience with LMS Administration
- Minimum of 2 years′ experience using Moodle-based online learning platforms
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and principles
- Experience working with technologies/applications including eLearning authoring tools such as Articulate etc.
- Ability to generate reports and analysis related to eLearning from the LMS
- Ability to develop guidelines and standards for learning content
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff along with subject matter experts to gather and translate requirements and develop curriculum
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrates strong organizational, decision making, prioritization and time-management skills with the ability to manage competing deadlines.
- Awareness and understanding of mandatory/regulatory education requirements
- Demonstrated multimedia and graphic skills and proficiency with Photoshop, SnagIt etc.
- Proven to be a dedicated team player, who demonstrates initiative and independence
- Computer proficiency including MS Office
Contract length: 6-12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Wellness program