Who we are:
CWA Engineers Inc. is a privately-owned consulting engineering firm that services the resource and industrial sector throughout Canada, the US, and internationally. We are growing in a diverse range of industries, including mining and minerals processing, ports and terminals, construction aggregates, engineered wood products, pulp and paper, petrochemicals, municipal infrastructure, and utilities. We have a multitude of interesting and exciting projects in progress and in the pipeline, which are providing our team of Professionals many opportunities for growth, career development, and learning.
At CWA, we embrace new technologies and ideas to foster a culture of innovation, excellence, and continuous improvement. We welcome fresh perspectives on workflows and novel methodologies in design engineering as well as project management to provide value to our customers. Our context-based approach to projects is received as a competitive advantage of working with CWA.
CWA provides a flexible work-life schedule with programs such as the Earned Day Off (EDO) program that provides 17 earned days off each year in addition to vacation time. Our schedules are flexible around core hours, and we provide staff with flexibility options to work from home or in the office. We also provide an industry leading extended health benefits package.
CWA hosts annual internal innovation competitions, regular in-house continuing education sessions, as well as participating in intramural sports and after-work activities. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we have moved our internal innovation competitions and education sessions to a virtual setting and we anticipate intramural sports and after-work activities to resume once it is safe to do so again.
CWA’s Vancouver office is located at the Broadway Tech Centre on the corner of Broadway and Renfrew, with convenient access to the Renfrew SkyTrain Station and designated bike routes. The Broadway Tech Centre has an array of amenities, including a fitness centre, basketball and volleyball courts, an outdoor BBQ area, restaurants, cafés, bike lockers, underground parking, and a daycare facility.
CWA’s team-oriented culture is unique and well suited to the diverse and bustling seaport of Vancouver and the extensive professional opportunity it provides. Coupled with the benefits to support a healthy lifestyle, CWA prides itself on long-term retention of our staff.
We are currently growing our team and searching for talented and ambitious professionals. If your goal is to join a growing, dynamic, engaging, and progressive company, we invite you to submit an application.
With our expanding client base and growing project needs, CWA is looking for a qualified individual to fill the position of ELECTRICAL DESIGNER.
As an integral member of the electrical team, you will be responsible for performing defined assignments with independent judgment and a high degree of accuracy while maintaining the consistency of drawings with other departments.
Duties and responsibilities:
This position will involve the following:
- Implementing the design concept through the preparation and production of drawings and schematics of electrical systems.
- Coordinating with other consulting disciplines to ensure drawing integrity and completeness.
- Preparing drawings for single line diagrams, cable tray and equipment layouts, schematic and interconnection diagrams, grounding, lighting layouts, cable schedules, cable block diagrams, loop diagrams, PLC panel layouts, junction box layouts and wiring diagrams, etc.
- Calculating design quantities for materials and aiding engineer in preparation of cost estimates.
- Completing design calculations for lighting.
- Ability to perform on-site inspection/verification duties will be considered an asset.
- Striving to ensure quality and timely delivery of finished product to clients.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Minimum 8 years of related work experience in electrical consulting engineering environment involving light to heavy industrial work in one or more of the following sectors – mining facilities, ports and terminals, pulp and paper, oil and gas facilities, municipal infrastructure, and utilities.
- High proficiency in AutoCAD using 2D.
- Completed Diploma or Certificate in Electrical Engineering Technology or a related field; registered as an AScT or CTech with ASTTBC (or substantial industrial work experience).
- Strong interpersonal skills required to communicate effectively with colleagues, contractors, and clients.
- Ability to adapt to new projects and quickly understand the defined scope.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
This is an ideal opportunity for a professional who is driven by solving real-world problems, enjoys working on a variety of unique and innovative projects, and is willing to take on new challenges within a growing team.
Please submit your application in .pdf format with the subject line as follows:
Electrical Designer – Full Name.
We thank you in advance for your interest and effort in applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Electrical Consulting: 8 years (preferred)
- Certificate or Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology (preferred)