peopleCare was honoured as one of Canada’s 50 most engaged employers four years in a row. We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving, and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – we want you!
As a member of the peopleCare Tavistock team, the Receptionist provides administrative support for the Administration and Nursing Offices. The Receptionist provides the initial contact representing the corporate mission, vision and values to residents, families and all other visitors. The position complies with all legislative standards, company policies/procedures and rules/regulations in a professional manner.
- Ensures efficient office practices.
- Maintain department files and records, including correspondence, forms, and routine office records and reports.
- Monitors resident and visitor movement both in and out of the building.
- Receive incoming mail, co-ordinate distribution and process outgoing mail.
- Answer the telephone, greet visitors and receive routine inquiries in person and by phone, relaying calls and messages to the appropriate personnel.
- Schedules tours of the Home.
- General office duties including photocopying, faxing, etc.
- Assist as requested to process accounts payable including verifying totals and coding as required.
- Assist as requested to process accounts receivables including verifying totals.
- Process daily bank deposits for resident accounts receivable account.Adheres to departmental policies and procedures including, but not limited to: sanitation, safety, quality assurance and infection control.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures including, but not limited to: sanitation, safety, quality assurance and infection control.
- Assists in the maintenance of a clean, safe environment.
- Grade 12 Graduation or approved departmental equivalent
- Bookkeeping and experience in handling cash
- Previous satisfactory experience in the routine operation of a Business Office
- Communication: listening, oral, presentation and written
- Organizing and planning
- Computer literacy
- Excellent written/oral skill
Part Time positions available
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
- office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)