We are a custom Glass/Wood/Steel/Stair & Railing shop looking for a shop person with wood working experience to grow with us. Knight Specialties is looking for someone who has experience with rough lumber and able to mill to any finished material required for end use.
- loading materials for site into company vehicles and sub trades/Retail
- Assembling wood posts that are detailed/ production railings.
- Set up and operate saws and other woodworking machines to cut, shape, form parts, design and make template.
- Create jigs and fixtures for production along with other various products.
Position is immediate. If candidate is successful, starting wage will vary depending on experience. Position will include full Benefits after 3 months and opportunities for bonuses.
Starting shift will be 1:00pm to 9:00pm, Monday to Friday 40 to 44 hrs/wk with occasional OT or weekend work to meet Deadlines. These working hours will eventually develop to standard daytime hours.
A successful candidate would be self motivated and eager to learn, with high standards combined with shop know-how and equipment experience.
A few other key assets will include
- Drivers licence with clean abstract
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong mathematical background, capable of solving complex equations
- Great work ethic and is punctual
- Great handling skills and punctual/ manual dexterity
- Experience with use of hand and power tools
- Must work well with others in a team effort
- Great culture environment always going above and beyond/ Maintain clean and safe work environment/fast paced environment
- Bond able
- Own transportation
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Night Shift
- wood working / shop: 1 year (Preferred)