Title: Donor Relations Associate (Reception)
Department: Donor Relations & Communications
Reports to: Manager, Donor Relations
Direct Reports: None
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is inventing the future of health care with a focus on trauma, cardiac, stroke, high-risk pregnancy and newborns and cancer. Sunnybrook Foundation exists to raise the awareness and funds required to ensure that Sunnybrook achieves its mission.
The Donor Relations team strives towards excellence in donor relations by delivering services that help to establish, maintain and enhance relationships with Sunnybrook Foundation. The Donor Relations Associate will provide excellence in customer service and support the administration and management of donor and gift information.
The candidate will represent Sunnybrook Foundation through each interaction they have with donors, volunteers and other stakeholders via phone, email and in-person. The core responsibilities of this position include managing the Foundation’s reception, providing support to donors by phone and email, coordinating fulfillment of the Tribute Program and supporting administrative work within the Donor Relations Department. Additional duties/responsibilities will include organizing courier packages, maintaining office supplies and updating donor information. Additional projects may be assigned from time to time depending on business needs.
Key Responsibilities for this Role:
- Act as primary point of contact for donors through phone and email.
- Manage the reception desk from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., transferring calls and greeting visitors
- Manage fulfillment for the Foundation’s tribute program
- Open and sort incoming mail on a daily basis
- Manage Avaya phone system and run associated reports
- Respond promptly to donor inquires and follow up on outstanding items effectively
- Take phone-in donations and complete donation processing forms accurately
- Perform look-ups in Raiser’s Edge to respond to donor inquiries
- Update donor records with appropriate coding based on donor requests and returned mail
- Create constituent records as needed, analyze information and populate data fields where information is available
- Update and maintain staff listing
- Manage document storage at Iron Mountain facility
- Manage internal service and maintenance requests
- Perform general administrative tasks as required
- Other tasks, as required
Skills and Abilities required to perform duties
- Proven work experience in a similar role
- Extensive computer, database and word processing experience
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize and pay attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including letter writing skills
- Professional interpersonal skills including tact, patience and courtesy
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, Board Members, high profile donors and associates
- Good listener, polite, professional and diplomatic when communicating with the public as well as internal stakeholders
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Work well under pressure and ability to adapt to fluctuating seasonal workload
Knowledge required to perform duties
- Microsoft Office Suite, database software, preferably The Raiser’s Edge
- Customer service, data entry and data integrity in a professional setting
- Full time, permanent position
- A competitive compensation package including salary, benefits, pension and generous vacation time will be provided
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a cover letter and a current resume listing your qualifications and experience by July 2, 2021.
Please quote “Donor Relations Associate” in the subject line of your e-mail. We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sunnybrook Foundation is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodations for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Application deadline: 2021-07-02
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Secondary School (preferred)
- receptionist: 1 year (preferred)
- donor relations: 1 year (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19