Looking for your next opportunity in the fast-paced and exciting field of automotive manufacturing?
Look no further!
Join our team as our newest Tool and Die Maker on our NIGHT SHIFT!
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments (calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, etc.)
- Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
- Assist in die changes using forklift and crane as required.
- Work in a team environment.
- Possess enough tools to complete the project on time.
- Fill out/complete the proper work orders for QS9000 format.
- All material handling that is required to complete the required task
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in a related field
- Capable of operating all related tool room equipment
- Have the knowledge to troubleshoot mechanical problems with little support
- Able to work independently and as a team.
- Good manual dexterity, communication skills
Guelph Manufacturing has you covered!
We offer a pension plan and comprehensive benefits package including prescription, vision, dental, and much more!
More about us!
At Guelph Manufacturing we place the health and safety of our employees above all else. We are very proud of our Health and Safety record and we strive each day to maintain this important goal. The elimination of all workplace hazards is a constant process.
Since its inception in 1965 as a custom Tool & Die machine shop; Guelph Manufacturing Group Inc. has evolved into a leading manufacturer and supplier of metal stamping, assemblies, headrest and armrest inserts, wire form, and other metal components to the automotive industry. Guelph Manufacturing has 3 plants in Guelph, Ontario, and our APMF plant in Atlanta, Georgia. Guelph Manufacturing's sales office is located in Warren, Michigan.
Guelph Manufacturing offers a positive and supportive working environment that encourages its people to take personal ownership of all business activities. Each employee plays a vital role in reaching the company's goal of 100% customer satisfaction. People at Guelph Manufacturing are always looking for ways to continuously enhance our commitment to process improvements.
If this sounds like what you’ve been looking for, apply today!
Guelph Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse team. We are also committed in compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Guelph, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Tool and Die: 4 years (preferred)