The Care Support Assistant is responsible to follow the directions noted in the plan of care to assist in the nursing and personal care of individual. The Care Support Assistant will assist in the provision of activities of daily living, dining services, comfort and companionship, housekeeping services as assigned.
As a valued member of the team, the Care Support Assistant demonstrates a commitment to resident safety by providing quality care and support in accordance with the organization’s vision and mission.
- You will provide day to day care and support to each individual resident to offer a warm, safe environment for each resident, ensuring their comfort and welfare needs are met;
- Support residents to prepare and transport to home events that promote a positive resident experience;
- Acts as a resident companion as directed; provides comfort and support and companionship to residents;
- Practices safe food handling techniques throughout all aspects of food service;
- Assists with table/tray preparation, serving of beverages and accompaniments, and serving of food;
- Maintains a safe and clean environment for residents utilizing rotational cleaning practices & infection control principles i.e. disinfects surfaces, dusting, and sweeping;.
- Completes laundry and housekeeping duties as directed, including, but not limited to, restocking shelves and making beds and transporting personal laundry to and from the laundry to the residents room and organizing closets and cleaning bedside tables;
- Maintains and uses all equipment in a safe manner and reports any problems to the supervisor;
- Participates in admission orientation and the transfer process of residents as directed;
- Communicates with supervisor about problems related to resident care and/or safety;
- Transports residents to and from their rooms, recreational activities, health office and dining room as required;.
- Notifies the supervisor of any team members/resident incidents and completes documentation as required;
- Greet all visitors in a positive and supportive manner requesting if they need assistance of any kind;
- Deals tactfully and courteously with residents, residents' families and reports any concerns / complaints to the supervisor;
- Advises supervisor immediately of all team members incidents that may result in an Occupational Accident Claim, any concerns with the physical plant, incidents or injuries and completes required reports;
- Follows all health and safety policies and procedures. Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, co-workers, and residents;
- Will act as the second care provider in lifts and transfers, including the use of mechanical devices;
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma
- Experience working with seniors is preferred
- Ability to work independently and/ or as a member of a team
- Ability to model the warmth of human connection in communicating with residents, families, and visitors.
- Sensitive and empathetic to the needs of the residents.
Act upon your desire to help others, an aspiration that exists within all of us. Join Sienna Senior Living and help us to continue to enhance the lives of those we serve. Click here to submit your application.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
- care assistance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)