Longview logistics is currently looking to hire Logistics Coordinator based in Winnipeg,MB.
- Uses knowledge of shipping lanes, available partner carriers, and service requirements to locate carriers and negotiate freight coverage.
- Reviews loads and load parameters.
- Negotiates and determines the rates to be paid to the carriers.
- Assigns shipments to carriers and develops customer/carrier relationships.
- Schedules and confirms pickup and deliveries.
- Monitors and tracks all booked freight.
- Serves as an intermediary between the customer and the carrier to assist in the resolution of any issues.
- Communicates with other departments as required, such as accounting, dispatch, customer services, and sales.
- Communicates changes in load status to customers and carriers.
- Works in a 24/7 operation and maintains communication with all departments. Provides after hours on-call service on a weekly rotation during the week and weekends. Performs other duties as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- College diploma or university degree.
- Minimum two years’ experience as a Dispatch coordinator
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office.
- Good time-management with an ability to prioritize and multi task.
- Ability to learn a new software quickly.
- Excellent communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $29,698.00-$48,000.00 per year
- Logistics: 1 year (preferred)