Dye & Durham is a legal technology company. Tracing its roots to 1874, Dye & Durham has long been an institution in the Canadian legal industry. Today, Dye & Durham is a technological leader in legal services through a unique suite of cloud-based software products.
Employees describe the company as a 145-year-old start-up. Employing over 300 people across Canada and the UK, Dye & Durham uses technology to distinguish itself from competitors and provides a compelling value proposition to its large blue-chip customer base of over 5,000 active law firms, government agencies and financial institutions. Dye & Durham is growing rapidly – expanding its footprint across Canada and the UK and adding to its portfolio of products to provide the most advanced solutions to its customers.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious person looking to take the next step in their career with a company that’s a leader in its industry and growing quickly!
Reports to: VP, Marketing
Location: Toronto, ON
We’re hiring a Communications and Marketing Specialist for a full-time position in our downtown Toronto office.
In this role, you will be responsible for crafting both internal corporate communications and external-facing communications, ensuring messaging is consistent with our corporate style, meaningful for the audience, engaging and timely. You will have an exceptional command of the English language and impeccable grammar skills. Content types include internal announcements, external customer updates, media releases, newsletters, brochures, presentations and website. You’re eager to produce messages that bring strategy to life and put the audience first. You will be responsible for working closely with the broader team to understand the context of the communication requirement, creating, editing and scheduling the distribution of content.
In addition to overseeing all communications, you will support the execution of marketing strategies. By establishing a close partnership with the business line, you will support the business and marketing department to better position our brand and products with customers and support demand generation activities. The marketing support activities will be very broad in nature and reflect the evolving needs of the business and customer base. As a support to the business, you will develop digital and print content for our website, newsletters, social media channels, advertisements, email communications, industry blogs and more. You will also support marketing activities such as webinars, lead generation strategies, marketing campaigns, customer value proposition development and more. In this role, you will also support customer initiatives such as tradeshows, customer event planning and customer promotions.
This exciting role requires someone who is very versatile, who can handle changing priorities and can manage to tight deadlines. We are looking for someone who is interested in learning the business, partnering closely with the business line leads and someone who will bring their ideas to the team as well!
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Write corporate communication pieces for a range of stakeholders (internal & external)
- Speech writing for the CEO and other executives
- Produce compelling messaging / marketing content across all touch points (print, digital, direct, promotional email) that aligns with the brand and overall strategic directive of the Marketing Department
- Ensure marketing content is current, relevant to the customer, and positions our products as premium offerings.
- Liaise with the business team and other cross-functional teams to understand business and communication needs
- Liaise with the design team to ensure the creation of visual assets and layouts to best support content objectives
- Ensure all content commits to the highest standards of the brand and ladders up to specific marketing objectives
- Support Marketing Team and Business to coordinate and execute against the company’s marketing strategy
- Support planning of customer events such as tradeshows, seminars, hospitality events, etc.
- Develop and execute marketing lead generation programs and marketing campaigns
- Participate in the development and execution of marketing promotions, marketing campaigns, webinars, and social media updates
- Proof-read and edit all marketing and editorial content
- Other duties as assigned
Your previous experience should show us that:
- You’re a compelling writer, thinker and editor capable of communicating and simplifying complex ideas for diverse audiences.
- You craft copy and deliverables that are driven by the product/brand vision and goals.
- You’re an innovative problem-solver and creative thinker. Your solutions offer tangible and concrete results, beyond the most obvious solution.
- You have well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills and an ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with team members
- You have prior experience developing marketing content and with growth marketing campaigns
- University or Post graduate degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or within a related discipline.
- Mastery of the English language a must
- Prior experience in content marketing and growth marketing
- Exceptional attention to detail and proven ability to be an excellent writer/wordsmith
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good eye for design and creative
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Strong working knowledge of major digital and social media platforms
- Portfolio of work required
Soft skills needed
- Pride in the work delivered and tremendous attention to details
- Go the extra mile to deliver on time and to high quality standards
- Great judgment, positive energy and curious about the business context
- Self-disciplined, self-motivating, and self-improving
- Passionate about the digital space and design thinking
- Ability to work in a highly confidential environment
Submit your application with salary expectations. Thank you for your interest in Dye & Durham; only qualifies applicants will be contacted for interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- content marketing and growth marketing: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)