Interested in joining a private family-owned, Canadian business? Maple Lodge Farms is Canada’s largest poultry processor. We operate to the latest in technological, health and safety and quality standards. With rapid expansion over the years, and continued innovation and investment in growth – we’re looking for committed and star players to join our team!
Role purpose: Maintain equipment, troubleshoot and complete emergency repairs to keep the plant running as efficiently as possible.
Shift: Friday – Monday 6:00am – 4:30pm
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Performs skilled journeyperson level work involving preventative and corrective maintenance, inspections, modifications, installation/dismantling of systems and projects, as well as troubleshooting, diagnostics, and repairs.
- Reads drawings, blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Installs, aligns, dismantles, and moves stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment including, but not limited to: pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, according to layout plans and using hand and power tools.
- Assembles machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools, and welding equipment.
- Informs the Maintenance Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor of any outstanding mechanical matters.
- Stores equipment and tools properly when they are not in use and ensures that work area and machines are kept clean, organized and tidy at all times.
- Assists other trades in emergency repairs and other tasks as necessary.
- Provides oversight and guidance to Apprentice Millwrights. Apprentice Millwrights complete all duties of a Millwright under the guidance of a Licensed Millwright.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must possess mechanical aptitude;
- Welding experience;
- Ability to work from schematics, drawings and prints when troubleshooting;
- Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
- Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
Education and Certification: Must possess a valid Millwright License
Must provide proof of apprenticeship or prior experience (Apprentice).
Plant based. Physically demanding work in all kinds of working environments
HOW TO APPLY: In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Millwright: 2 years (Preferred)
- Millwright (Required)