Summary: Provides visitor information services to the public including tours, tourism information, and details about community events. Performs promotional activities to increase tourist traffic in the City of Estevan including creative writing, video logs, data entry and cash handling.
- Greet visitors coming into the visitor information centre
- Schedule local industry tours
- Accept, process and posts payments for purchases using cash and point of sale system
- Respond to customer inquiries, answer email, and promote community events through online resources
- Attend and promote special events as required
- Suggest amenities to visitors and direct them to amenities within the community
- Create and advertise special events within the City
- Strong proof-reading abilities and attention to detail
- Responds to both internal and public requests for information when requested
- Assists with promotion and marketing for the City of Estevan
NOTE: The duties listed are not set forth for the purpose of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally performed outside of the listed duties above. (Other duties as assigned)
· Grade 12 or equivalent
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
· Driver’s license - Class 5
· Valid First Aid and CPR A
Experience and Additional Requirements
· Creative writing experience an asset
· Familiarity with WordPress an asset
· Experience or training in customer service
· Experience with maintaining website and social media channels
Closing deadline is at 4:30pm of April 21st, 2021. Resumes must be received prior to the closing date to be considered. Preference will be given to internal candidates.
Please note: All applications must clearly identify the desired position. Please include the Posting Number and Position Title in the subject line of your submission.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Relative skill and ability may be determined by competency-based testing.
The position shall be filled in accordance with the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City and CUPE Local 726.
Application deadline: 2021-04-21
Expected start date: 2021-04-26
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place