At CannaPiece, we believe that each employee is a key factor in our success, to help patients and our communities. We are proud of what we do and are excited to be expanding our team.
You would be joining a growing and exciting industry in which we plan to play a significant role. Regardless of which division of our group that you work for, you are part of the entire team and your contribution will be a key factor for our overall success. We have built business units to cover what we feel is the entire continuum of care needed to be the best at what we do.
Our group of companies has been built on the philosophy of helping others and supporting the people and communities who have built and maintain the strength of our industry. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our talented team and be part of a challenging and rewarding experience at CannaPiece.
Quality Assurance Specialist
We are hiring for 3 different shifts that will not be rotated
No, except for a vendor audit or request
Summary of the Role
The Quality Assurance Specialist (QAS) will report directly to the Quality Assurance Manager (QAM). The MQAS’s main job is to ensure that Good Production Practices (GPP)are implemented at every stage and in a timely manner during manufacturing of products at CannaPiece Corp. In addition, he or she will be responsible to ensure the application of cannabis regulations and standard operating procedures in all areas.
- Provides Quality Assurance support for all manufacturing & Warehouse activities occurring in extraction, processing and packaging, in addition to Cultivation department, later date.
- Collects samples (retains, stability, validation, laboratory, etc.) as needed and/or instructed per batch manufacturing record prior to full release of batches.
- Assists in investigations for deviation reports and customer complaints.
- Performs in process checks to remedy any potential defects or discrepancy during manufacturing and to ensure full compliance with Good Production Practices (GPP).
- Performs line clearance verification to prevent product mix ups and contamination.
- Provides label request approval prior to labeling or cartoning activities.
- Compiles and reviews third party lab testing results.
- Reviews activity logbooks, batch records on the floor and ensure good documentation practices are enforced.
- Ensures full implementation of CannaPiece standard operating procedures.
- Provides support to Quality Control Associates and other QA/QC personnel as required.
- Ensures the facility sanitation program is well monitored
- Provide suggestions and involvement in CAPA processes
- Conducts Internal audits under the direction of the manager
- Participates for internal ( Self) Audit
- Wears appropriate PPEs as per SOP requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned by QAM and/or QAP, e.g., assist QC or QA Staff dependent on priorities
Successful Applicants will have (qualifications and skills)
- A university degree (B.Sc.) in Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacy or Food.
- Minimum three year of experience in a pharma, cosmetics, food, and/or cannabis industry.
- Familiarity with GMP, GPP, GCP and/or any ISO quality management system is an asset.
- Good Understanding of Cannabis regulations would be an asset.
- Basic knowledge about and ERP and/or any quality management software.
- Multitasking, good communication skills, good interpersonal skills and ability to function under pressure and with a fast-paced environment
Working Environment, Physical Conditions and Capabilities
- Able to perform repetitive tasks for long periods (e.g. sampling, weighing product,) while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Able to lift 20lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods and reach with arms/hands. Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items is occasionally required.
- Exposure to packaged cannabis products/supplies.
- May be noisy at times and temperate
- Exposure to dust, fine particles, gasses under pressure and flammable materials.
Salary will be based upon experience
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- GMP, GPP, GCP, SOP: 3 years (Preferred)
- Quality Assurance: 3 years (Required)