We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Thunder Bay location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of QC & Scheduling Supervisor, Thunder Bay Sawmill. This job is permanent, full-time.
QC & Scheduling Supervisor, Thunder Bay Sawmill
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Quality Control (QC) & Scheduling for our Thunder Bay Sawmill wood products operation located in the community of Thunder Bay, Ontario. In this role, you will join a team of staff, operators and maintenance specialists during the operation of this facility.
Reporting directly to the Sawmill Manager, you will have direct responsiblity to ensure the plant’s mechanical and process control optimization systems are in place and adequately maintained to ensure a consistent product is manufactured that meets and exceeds our quality standards. You mill maximize product value and resource utilization through effective use of technology.
What you gain by working with us:
- Competitive salary and annual bonus incentive plan
- At least three weeks of vacation and three floating holidays a year; depending on your experience
- Full range of group insurance from the first day of work
- Telemedicine services
- Defined-contribution pension plan with generous employer participation from the first day of work
- Employee and family assistance program
- Education assistance program
- Health club reimbursement program
- Work Travel Assistance Program
- Referral bonuses
- Relocation assistance to the community of Thunder Bay.
- A workplace based on respect, diversity, and inclusion
- Comply with our health, safety, and environmental standards
- Optimize recovery and product value
- Maintain continuous improvement systems with inventory management (including FIFO – First In First Out as well distribute a three month old product list to sales on a monthly basis).
- Develop, recommend, implement, and evaluate performance improvements through quality assurance and quality control procedures and standards to ensure accurate and relevant information on log processing and lumber manufacturing quality, size, species, moisture content and sawmill conversion factors.
- Supervise and ensure compliance with work specifications, regulatory and quality standards
- Facilitate technology transfer and support mills with troubleshooting and achieving optimum processes, performance, and higher product quality
- Inspect and audit processes, equipment manufacturing processes, material, and product quality
- Work with Sawmill QC Supervisor to attain overall product Value & Recovery
- Perform studies to ensure the overall reliability and capacity of the mills through product quality standards, equipment specific specifications and requirements compliance
- Work with supervisors of maintenance (mechanical and electrical) to ensure optimal performance and efficiency of maintenance activities (mechanical & electrical).
- Perform all administrative tasks (reports: production, maintenance, timesheets, health and safety, performance, training, transfer of personnel, environment, etc.)
- Work with CLA inspector on monthly audits which includes annual visits by CLSAB and ALS inspectors or as required.
- Work with Dry Kiln Operators to maximize product value.
- Technical diploma, or related industry experience
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of equivalent experience
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Advanced computer skills i.e. Autocad, MS Word and Excel
- Formal PLC training with a strong electrical and mechanical aptitude.
- NLGA valid grading license
- Good understanding of sawmill and planer mill equipment and issues within the wood products industry
- Demonstrated progression in leadership roles
- Your uncompromising approach to safety is recognized
- You are interested in the industrial environment and are resourceful
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills, and ability to explain and influence
- Team player, professional and with excellent attentive listening
- Ability to develop and maintain good business relationships with employees
- Ability to adapt, organize and implement best business practices
- Autonomous, motivated, persevere and oriented towards the excellence of the results
- Reporting to the Sawmill Manager, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
To be considered for this position, please apply today! In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
Our Thunder Bay Sawmill is located at 156 Darrel Avenue, Thunder Bay, ON. The community of Thunder Bay is located in Northwest Ontario. For more information about the region, please visit http://www.thunderbay.ca/ or or www.visitthunderbay.com )
You will view Thunder Bay is naturally home to epic outdoor adventures. In and around the city, there are hundreds of parks and conservation areas ready for you to explore. Find golf, mountain biking, rock climbing, kayaking, angling and sailing opportunities within in walking distance; and Lake Superior – the world’s largest freshwater lake a mere stone’s throw away as well as the pleasures of many winter activities including skiing or snowmobiling. Other notable sites include:
- Fort William Historical Park: This is a recreation of an early 1800s fur trade post
- Sleeping Giant Provincial Park: This park is known for its scenic views and natural wonders
- Mount McKay: You can climb to one of the highest points in the province at this location
- Prince Arthur’s Landing: You can enjoy art galleries, museums, and food at this location
- Terry Fox Memorial: This memorial is dedicated to Terry Fox, a Canadian athlete who ran across Canada to raise money for cancer research
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Forest products are essential, as are each and every one of our employees and contractors. We take the necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to safeguard the integrity of all Resolute facilities.
We are all in this together. We are one community. We are #RESOLUTEPROUD
Be part of the change. Be part of a dynamic team.
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and various other international locations.
We are looking for employees with the experience and expertise to improve our efficiency, increase our long-term profitability and deliver first-class products and services to our customers. And you, what are you looking for?
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure our viability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.