Weston Foods is a leading North American bakery company with distinct business units in fresh (Weston Bakeries), frozen (Maplehurst Bakeries), artisan (ACE Bakery), and biscuit (Interbake Foods). We bake our products in more than 50 facilities across Canada and the USA, and are committed to delivering great quality and high value baked goods and bakery solutions to our customers across North America. We conduct our business with integrity, contribute to our communities, and foster a supportive company culture.
We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on each of our employees committing to getting better every day. We’re always interested in connecting with high-performing, career-minded professionals who want to build a better Weston Foods with us.
The Maintenance Supervisor assumes the role of a technical leader and has overall responsibility for ensuring timely and quality repair of equipment and plant machinery to minimize downtime for safe and efficient operation. The role takes initiatives to ensure operations are in compliance with safety standards and environmental practices.
379 Orenda Road, Brampton
Straight Day Shift
- Direct and lead maintenance staff in everyday scheduling, preventative maintenance, repair of all production equipment and resolve equipment related issues
- Maintain equipment and parts inventory using available resources to continuously minimize downtime and organize Maintenance Workshop
- Schedule and supervise major equipment repairs, overhauls, and rebuilding to ensure that it is fully operational and safe to operate and within schedule requirements
- Ensure staff are well trained in health and safety standards and proper environmental practices within the plant and the Maintenance Department
- Monitors and reports on the site’s environmental conditions and practices and recommends actions for improvements and conformity
- Liaise with external contractors and government agencies/regulatory bodies as required
- Coordinates all phases of plant projects to ensure timely completion and cost effectiveness
- 2-5 years maintenance management/supervisory experience in a food production facility
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills
- Familiarity with automated process/packaging technology an asset
- Experience working in a computerized preventative maintenance program an asset
- A demonstrated decision-maker with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A demonstrated leader with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills who easily interacts with others and is adept to leading and motivating a team
Weston is committed to fostering a work environment with strong core values that support diversity through various policies, programs and activities that encourage sensitivity and accommodations. Weston offers employment regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Diversity is integral to our success as an organization and we will use diversity as a model to help identify and develop the best talent, create effective teams, and achieve overall excellence. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.