To sort packaged orders ready for delivery by route and load CEXP delivery vehicles. Reports to Warehouse 2nd Shift Supervisor or Lead.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check for sorting errors and report to supervisor.
- Sort packaged orders by customer and route.
- Load orders into delivery trucks
- Operate warehouse equipment safely and efficiently.
- Tidy up shipping and receiving area on regular basis.
- As required, start delivery trucks in cold weather to ensure they will run smoothly and to check for possible mechanical problems.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Work cooperatively with peers and other departments.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to take direction.
- Ability to understand digit coding and text
- Must be a team player.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work in a warehouse environment.
- Work within time constraints in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to lift and move packages and parcels up to 70 lbs.
- Previous warehouse experience an asset.
- Minimum grade 12 education preferred.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Staples Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities.