WATER / UTILITY BILLING CLERK
(1 – year Contract)
Reporting to the Manager of Accounting, the Water / Utility Billing Clerk is responsible for maintaining the subsidiary accounts receivable and master records for the water and wastewater customers, including the billing, collection and maintenance of customer accounts.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Accounting or Business or a related discipline;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in billing and collection (preferably in a municipal setting);
- Excellent communication, time management and customer service skills;
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting principles and MS Office, especially MS Excel;
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Experience with Vadim iCity would be an asset.
This is a 1-year contract position. It is also a C.U.P.E. position; with an hourly wage of $28.34 for 35 hours per week (8.30 am – 4.30 pm Monday to Friday).
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their resume by Tuesday September 3, 2019.
This job advertisement is available in alternate formats, or accessible communication supports, upon requests.
We thank all applicants that apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The information gathered is in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $28.34 /hour
- billing and collection: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Beamsville, ON (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)