Clean Harbors is looking for Seasonal Shutdown Drivers (Equipment Operators) to join our team on a temporary seasonal basis, based out of our Edmonton location! This position requires the candidate to safely operate, drive and maintain manual transmission Class 1 or Class 3 units, such as High-Pressure and Vacuum trucks. While a commercial driver’s license is required for this position, 90% of the work performed will be labor intensive duties including, but not limited to - confined space entry working in vessels or tanks, rigging in and out equipment, working at heights, high-pressure water blasting up to 40k PSI and assisting with job site preparation
You would be supporting projects mainly throughout Alberta, but out-of-province travel may be required. Availability is necessary for training starting mid-July with projects spanning August through October 2022.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!;
- Competitive wages with weekly overtime opportunities;
- On the job training will be provided to all employees;
- Personal Protective Equipment is provided to all employees;
- Possibility of joining our team on a permanent basis after the season is complete!
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Operate, drive and stage various manual transmission units (i.e., High-Pressure, Hydrovac, Combo and Vac);
- Maintain and certify Hours of Service by completing logs in an ELD system;
- Work in confined spaces such as vessels and tanks under supplied air and may transport hazardous goods;
- Perform general labor duties as assigned, including the use of hand tools, power tools, and high-pressure water blasting equipment with PSI up to 40k;
- Work as part of a team with Clients, Co-workers & Supervisors.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Class 1 or Class 3 Drivers License required with Manual Transmission experience;
- Must successfully complete a Clean Harbors’ driver evaluation;
- Ability to access Client sites which may require clearance of a drug and alcohol screen, may require Covid-19 rapid antigen test and/or proof of vaccination;
- Candidates with valid Safety Tickets will be given priority (i.e., H2S Alive, CSTS 2020, Energy Safety Canada Fall Protection, Energy Safety Canada Confined Space Entry & Monitor);
- Previous Vacuum Truck and/or High-Pressure unit operating experience preferred;
- Previous labor-intensive experience preferred;
- Willing and able to be away from home travelling for extended periods and the ability to work 10–12-hour shifts;
- Willing to work night shifts when required;
- Previous shutdown/turnaround experience is an asset.
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483)
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Contract length: 6 months
Pay: From $27.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift