Commissionaires Great Lakes (CGL) is a private, not-for-profit organization founded in 1925 on a mandate that prioritizes providing meaningful employment for veterans and others committed to the well being of Canadians primarily in security guard and related services. Spanning Central and Southwestern Ontario, our services are customized to respond to the dynamic and evolving security needs of both private and public sector clients. These include uniformed guard, mobile response and support services, by-law enforcement and identification services.
We are currently seeking a Commissionaire to join our growing team.
Your commitment to serving the needs of our clients and employees will encourage client and employee loyalty and enhance our organization’s success.
WHAT OUR EXCEPTIONAL COMMISSIONAIRES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Administer and track Security Clearances and other documents.• Familiarize and follow all DRDC policies.• Secure and store documentation at the end of each day IAW appropriate policies.• Maintain a clean and serviceable work area ensuring safety regulations are adhered to.• Have excellent organizational and problem solving skills and demonstrate ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands; and
- Use empathy, listening skills, diplomacy and good judgment.
- Have the ability to work independently using high level of initiative and adapt to changing priorities;
- Assist DRDC on Administrative matters.
- Secondary duties
- Be able to use Outlook to, manage, sort, file and distribute emails as requested.
WE ARE EXCITED FOR YOU TO OFFER US:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Ontario Security Guard License
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificate
- The ability to stand for long periods of time and complete frequent patrols
- Strong understanding of computers
- Customer service/reception/administrative skills
- The ability to work alone while maintaining a high level of service to the client is essential)
- Demonstrate proficiency with computer applications on Windows platform (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Edge)
- Have a valid Level II Clearance
WHAT THE JOB OFFERS YOU:
Job Type: Full time
Hourly Rate of Pay: $22.51
Location: 1133 Shepard Ave W, Toronto ON M3K 2C9
Hours of work: Morning; Afternoon; 0830-1700 M-F
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM OUR COMMSSIONAIRES
As a front-line representative of our company and client’s site you must be highly reliable, work well under pressure, able to work with minimal supervision, have the ability to multitask and be a professional who takes pride in your dress, deportment and performance at all times.
We would like to thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Commissionaires Great Lakes (CGL) is fully committed to abiding by all equal opportunity employment standards. Our employment policies strictly prohibit all forms of discrimination on any of the grounds in relevant laws. All our employment practices are solely based on individual merit and our organization's needs at the time.