Do you love Canmore? Would you like to work and live in the Rockies? We have a perfect opportunity for you!!
If you are looking to learn to be a line cook or if you are an experienced
line cook and want to expand your skills OR if you're a Sous Chef and
looking for a new challenge - working under the direction of our acclaimed
red seal chef then this the job for you.
The Grande Kitchen & Bar is a new busy restaurant located in the Grande
We are looking for candidates who want to grow with our company and expand
Seasonal bonuses and subsidized staff housing available!
Opportunity for apprentice program is available for long term employees.
- Waymarker runs 6 unique properties in Canmore .
- Discounts at all of our hotels and The Miners Lamp Pub and The Grande Kitchen & Bar . The chance to visit our sister properties in Golden British Columbia and Waterton Lakes National
- Park .
- There is room for advancement in our company.
- Staff Accommodation available for rent
Some of the job duties include but are not limited to:
- Set up and maintain stations according to restaurant guidelines throughout service .
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner .
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Must be able speak, read and write in English .
- Must have basic knowledge of cooking and food handling procedures .
- The individual must be able to lift up to 30lbs
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, and sanitation .
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment and as an individual .
- Ability to work calmly and effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- 12 months and up of cooking experience
Job Type: Full-time
Required language: English
Salary: Based on Experience
Visa Requirements: Applicant must hold the proper work authorization to be
legally eligible to work in Canada.
TRAVEL SUBSIDIES ARE NEGOTIABLE.
Job Type: Full-time
- cooking: 1 year (Required)
- English (Required)