This position is responsible for the planning, creation, scheduling of production work in support of daily manufacturing operations and customer sales order fulfilment. Determines, sets, and controls the production schedule. This is accomplished through close Liaison with Sales and the Plant regarding the planning and forecasting of customer orders to meet shipments.
The objectives of this position are to plan, schedule and support the timely completion of production work orders to meet customer demand and to assist in the planning and ongoing maintenance of sufficient finished and raw goods inventory levels to meet corporate sales order commitment targets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for the daily review of customer sales orders received and the coordination of related production job requirements utilizing the AIMS system.
- Monitor Apache inventory and maintain appropriate levels as required through production planning.
· Monitor raw material and production supply inventories to ensure on-time delivery.
· Plan all production requirements and produce a production schedule for entire plant. To understand production priorities, work closely with Sales and the Plant Manager toward an achievable production plan.
- Monitor production targets and ensure they are met daily to ensure the on-time delivery of orders.
· Plan production taking into account raw material supply issues, machine capacity, manpower availability and expected delivery times.
· Review priorities daily and adjust production schedules as necessary.
· Proactively communicate production issues to other departments.
· Analyze sales forecasts and inventory levels to adjust planning strategies.
· Participate in the development of department process improvements.
· Assist Sales, Purchasing, Quality and Accounting staff with the timely resolution of production job and sales order issues and discrepancies.
- Along with the daily production schedule, ensure that the Daily Weight Variance Report is completed through the Production Supervisor.
- Manage all inventory levels of the company and work closely with Accounting / Finance to coordinate and conduct physical cycle counts.
- Attend weekly Production meetings to communicate updates on the current and up-coming schedule.
- To make sure all levels of quality are met through active involvement in the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System.
- Adheres to all safety procedures in the performance of job duties and in accordance with the Company Health & Safety Program.
· Excellent customer service skills
· Proven capacity using AIMS or other ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software. Item codes, bills of material, Work Orders, Sales Orders, etc.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Training in operations management or any other relevant training.
· Attention to detail.
· Knowledge of procurement methods and practices
· Computer literacy, including competency related to Excel and other MS-Windows-based applications
· Detail oriented with strong administrative follow-up and follow-through
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong problem-solving skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Diploma in a Business or Technical field and/or High School Diploma with a minimum of three years Production and Material planning experience.
· Experience working with a computerized production and material planning system.
· Experience working in a manufacturing operation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday