The Cashier team member works in a fast-paced environment that involves constant interaction with customers. This position requires delivering friendly and courteous service while processing customer purchases efficiently and correctly. This role involves the operation of a computerized cash register.
- Smiles, make eye contact, greets and thanks customers.
- Directs customer to the location of requested items.
- Handles multiple customers in an effective and efficient manner.
- Deals with challenging situations and conflict resolution in a professional manner.
- Operates cash register and all point of sales functions.
- Processes customer purchases efficiently, following standardized procedures.
- Accurately verifies merchandise quantities, descriptions and prices when processing customer purchases.
- Balances cash and is aware of amount of cash on hand.
- Maintains merchandise around the cash area and ensures that retail basics are executed efficiently (e.g. labels, facing, clean area, etc.).
- Alerts management to security problems.
- Assists in bringing used carts in from outside and assists with customer carry-outs as required.
- Completes other tasks, as required.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.25-$16.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift