We are looking for a competent Office Assistant to help with the organization and running of the daily administrative operations of the company.
The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
- Organize office and assist associates in ways that optimize procedures
- Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner
- Enter accounts receivables and payables, prepare cheques, and assist with month end duties.
- Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of information
- Schedule and plan meetings and appointments
- Monitor level of supplies and handle shortages
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues
- Maintain trusting relationships with vendors, customers and colleagues
- Perform receptionist duties when needed
- Proven experience as a back-office assistant, office assistant, virtual assistantor in another relevant administrative role
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Thorough understanding of office management procedures
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and Quickbooks Online
This position is part-time to start (2pm-7pm weekdays - some flexibility available), with the anticipation that it will turn into a full-time position with regular working hours.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- office: 1 year (Preferred)
- quickbooks online: 1 year (Preferred)
- Burlington, ON (Preferred)