U Multicultural channel is a community-based media channel established with the objective of serving the diverse communities and contributing to the dynamic multicultural identity of Canada.
Our Mission is to help diverse and multicultural communities by providing a place and digital platform where each diverse voice will be heard and supporting them in making changes to bring this potential into the world.
We value integrity, creativity, loyalty, community, diversity, partnership. U Multicultural supports the community and produces the web/television content for them, give a chance to be heard.
Are you looking for a unique leadership opportunity? Have you been yearning to put your talent in strategic thinking, financial forecasting, organization behaviour, project management or policy advocacy in the service of a great cause?
U Multicultural is looking for leaders like you to join our board of directors. Our volunteer board has been the strategic heart of our organization, ensuring that in our work we deliver the best possible results.
If you are one or more of the following, we would like to talk to you:
- Is familiar with the Media Projects, Video/ Radio productions process;
- Is interested or experienced in one or several following topics: Project Management, Fundraising, Internal or External Communication, Policies and Procedures Understanding, Financial Management Strategies and Risks
- Has the possibility to dedicate time as per the request of the Board Chair;
- Has a very good working knowledge of English;
- Has good communication, team-management and organizing skills;
- Is proactive and independent in planning and executing tasks;
- Has worked in multicultural and multilingual teams
If you hold yourself to high expectations, then you will find board service very rewarding. We are looking for professionals who will:
- Be able to attend meetings as the need arises
- Advocate for our needs in the community and among your colleagues and peers
- Be always curious to learn more about the field of media production
U Multicultural is committed to representing diversity amongst our staff. Indigenous peoples, visible and ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply & self-identify.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Reference ID: bq-03122020
Part-time hours: 5 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Volunteer
Salary: $0.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home