Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit:
Check out all of our products at:
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, Microsoft is investing in a dedicated Customer Success team member that will help the largest and most important companies in the world across all industries successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solution and services
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Open Source Software (OSS) Data Platform Cloud Solution Architect to drive high priority customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field in Enterprise accounts segment of our business. This is a customer facing role, owning overall technical relationship between our customer and the Microsoft Data Platform Open Source services.
You will own the OSS technical customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or MVPs. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers to drive Data Platform solutions to production.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the modernizing of applications or building new Cloud Native Apps on Azure Database for MySQL / PostgreSQL / Maria DB or CosmosDB.
- Migrating on-premises open-source data landscapes (MySQL / PostgreSQL / Maria DB / MongoDB) to Microsoft Azure, including migrating commercial offerings such as Oracle to PostgreSQL on Azure.
- Migrating Apache Hadoop and Kafka platforms to Microsoft Azure.
- Understand customers’ overall data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions.
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, create Data Platform roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on Microsoft Azure platform,
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educate customers on Azure platform
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications
- Experience with Open Source Database solutions (e.g. PostgreSQL/ MySQL/ MariaDB / MongoDB)
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects.
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Database administrators and Data Scientist)
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, database and platforms
- Experience using open source Apache platforms (e.g. Hadoop / Spark / Kafka)
- Experience in migration of on-premises OSS workloads to cloud
- Experience migrating Oracle databases to PostgreSQL
- Experience designing and implementing streaming analytics solutions using Apache Kafka or similar technology
- Experience designing and implementing Data Lake solutions using Apache Hadoop or similar technology
- Application development experience using OSS databases (e.g. PostgreSQL/ MySQL/ MariaDB / MongoDB)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineer or related field preferred
- Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Open Source technologies, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, Google, IBM, Oracle, PwC, Accenture, Deloitte, KPMG desired
- Partners: Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.