We are an extremely busy and fast moving print and marketing company that is looking for a Graphic Designer/CSR/Bindery team member. We are small team with a reputation for exceptional customer service and never being late or disappointing our clients.
We are looking for the right individual who fits with our client focused and efficient work ethic.
The right individual to include in our team is someone that:
- Doesn't want to sit at a desk all day (split is about 5 hours computer time and 3 hours bindery).
- Is a self-starter that can work independently while still respecting the principles and procedures that bring us success.
- Enjoys working on varied projects from day to day and able to jump from project to project seamlessly.
- Can think proactively and troubleshoot. We are a custom printer, so we solve problems for our clients.
- Thrives in an exceptionally fast moving environment.
- Has a drive for excellence and customer service. We give 100% every day, because our clients deserve it.
- Is trainable. We are looking for someone that can bring their skills to our business model, not the other way around.
- Can efficiently manage social media updates and make minor website edits.
For qualifications, we are looking for a candidate that:
- Is a Grant MacEwan or Nait Graduate or has completed a similar design program that is a minimum of 2 years in length. Applicants without formal graphic design training will not be considered.
- Has a minimum of 1 year experience working in a production orientated environment that would be either a print shop/sign shop/embroidery or screen printing shop.
- Is local. Applicants looking to work remotely or from home will not be considered.
Successful candidates must be skilled in the operation of Adobe Suite/Corel Draw and have a "whatever it takes to get it done attitude".
Duties are not limited to design and would also include customer service and production duties (bindery, assembling signage, general shop duties).
We are interested in individuals who have both design experience (minimum 2 years) as well as the willingness and drive to work in a busy production environment.
If you fit the above qualities and enjoy interacting with customers and take pride in their satisfaction then this stable employment, with Monday to Friday 9-5 hours, no weekends/holidays, environment may be for you.
Starting wage is $20/hour, RRSP, and health benefits, and the potential for bonuses for the right individual.
Possibility to start someone part time, and progress to full time within weeks as abilities are displayed.
Only responses with resume and cover letter will asked to participate in our screening/interview process. We are determined to finding the right candidate, and won't settle for less.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $24.00 /hour
- work in a sign/print shop: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Edmonton, AB (Required)
- Diploma in Graphic Design (Required)
- English (Required)