Agropur - Careers
Agropur is Dairy Cooperative and an industry leader. Our steady, healthy, sustainable growth enables us to provide a work environment that is supportive of skills development. Our forward-looking stance and sound financial health are built on our culture, values and management style.
*Outline of Duties
The main responsibilities of the Slicer Operator are to ensure that the slicer is constantly filled with product ensuring production has a steady supply of cheese. Duties within this position include monitoring the weights and quality of the product and working closely with the Machine Operator to optimize the efficiency of the line speed and to ensure the correct product is cut and packaged according to specifications.
This position is also responsible for completing the sanitation process as defined for each area of production. Candidates applying for this position must recognize that the physical demands of the sanitation processes are very rigorous and as such, the review process during the probation period for these positions will be more frequent than our usual practice.
The successful candidate is expected to be reliable, conscientious and a team player.
There is a three-month probation period with this position
- follow the Standard Operation Procedures
- adhere to all Good Manufacturing Practices
- follow guidelines established by company and O.H.S.A. to ensure safe operation of the machinery
- monitor product quality within scope
- assist with efficient set up of slicer and production line
- complete scheduled and assigned sanitation tasks
- assist the line feeder
- assist with adequate clean-up at end of the day
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Criminal Background Check
- Must demonstrate a general knowledge of production operations specific to production and packaging lines.
- Strong Communication skills
- Some mechanical ability
- Longer hours or weekend work will be necessary from time to time in order to meet production requirements
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.29 per hour
- Secondary School (Required)
- Woodstock, ON (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)