Vancouver Coastal Health is the Lead Health Authority for Medical Imaging. We are currently looking for keen MRI technologists to join our teams at various sites throughout the Vancouver Metro area and Lower Mainland.
Why join VCH?
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
- Relocation assistance up to $3,000 may be offered.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice as well as within a client and family centred care model and the vision and values of the department across the Lower Mainland Medical Imaging (LMMI) health authorities (Fraser Health, Providence Health Care, Provincial Health Services and Vancouver Coastal Health). Performs examinations in MRI in accordance with departmental policy and procedures. Duties include receiving and completing requisitions, entering relevant data into the radiology information system, preparing examination trays and patients for specific procedures, operating computerized imaging equipment including processing and archiving of acquired data, monitoring patient during procedures and monitoring equipment performance. May be responsible for the evening, night and weekend shift.
Education & Experience
- Current certification with CAMRT (Magnetic Resonance Imaging).
- Completion of Intravenous Therapy training course when required by site practice
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification - Basic Life Support (BCLS) level.
Knowledge & Abilities
· Demonstrated knowledge of standards of practice and guidelines for Medical Imaging practitioners established by the CAMRT and/or other relevant national professional associations.
· Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based practice related to designated modality.
· Demonstrated knowledge of organization policies, procedures, and standards of care, including practice of safe work procedures with modality equipment.
· Demonstrated knowledge of current MRI theory and practices within a client/family centred model of care.
· Demonstrated knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with medical imaging equipment.
· Demonstrated knowledge of research process and methodology.
· Demonstrated knowledge of PACS/radiology information systems, i.e. digital imaging, image archiving and retrieval.
· Demonstrated ability to develop procedure protocols and manuals.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
· Demonstrated ability to plan and establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
· Demonstrated skill in MRI techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
· Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
· Demonstrated computer skills with current computer applications.
· Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Click to be redirected to our company page and apply now!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32.64-$40.69 per hour