North American Transport Driving Academy is a registered Private Vocational School committed to quality hands on driver training and education.
We strive to impart to our students the skills and knowledge that will make a differeance not only in their lives but in the lives of all the people they share the roads with.
That is our mission, that is our vision and we continue to expect more from ourselves and our students every single day.
Great opportunity to teach in Ottawa what has taken you years for you to learn!
You see it on the road every day, the level of new driver training for commercial drivers is just not where it needs to be!
Here is your chance to make a personal impact. A chance to to make a differance in road saftey and in people lives by teaching a skill that is in high demand and teaching it to a high level.
No chapter 6 and no Zoom. Practical, hands on training for a vocation and not a test!
Work includes presenting in class; leading discussions; discussing student progress with staff and management; working out doors with students teaching pre trip; air brakes; basic driving and backing skills.
We teach licence classes A (Auto and Manual), AR, D (Auto and Manual) and the Z endorsement
Here is what you will need to apply:
In order to be a part of our team, here is what we need from you:
- At least five consecutive years documented experience with a Class A or Class 1 driver's license immediately prior to application demonstrated by an up to date driver's abstract that reflects the instructor's driving record at time of application
- Not have more than four (4) or more demerit points on their Ontario driver's license record, or comparable record from another jurisdiction upon application and to maintain instructor status
- Disciplined and detailed oriented person with a commitment to follow policies and procedures and must value a job well done.
- Great communicator, relaxed around people and not afraid of new learning opportunities
Preference will be given to those candidates that have:
- Military MSE Ops Experience
- Military Training Experience
- College or University Diploma or Degree
- Previous management or team leadership experience
- Previous Fleet Driver Training experience
- Over the road driver training experience considered an asset
We offer additional training which will help you take all those years of acquired skills and knowledge and be able to utilize them in a new role teaching both in class and in truck.
What we offer:
Set work schedule - Monday to Friday
Weekly direct deposit
Full family benefits at a 50/50 cost split.
Also for those who excel there is additional education available in the form of paid enrollment at the Ontario Safety League leading to an Air Brake Instructors issuing authority.
This position does require the ability to travel from time to time to other branches to assist in providing instruction. Some travel is a position requirement.
In order to apply for this opportunity please send your resume, driver's abstract and CVOR attention Danielle Poelstra, through this ad or you can fax your documents to 613-634-1467.
North American Transport Driving Academy provided the following inclusive hiring information:
The only trait we are interested in is performance. How that is packaged we could care less. Our mission is to improve the lives of our students through quality education and improve road saftey through rigorous application of the MELT standards. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Women-led organization
- LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $26.00-$34.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Trucks and facility are cleaned daily and trucks are disinfected between students. In truck training is now one on one only.
- AZ Commercial driving: 5 years (required)
- French or any other language (preferred)
Willingness to travel: