Do you love to help people and are interested in working in the health care sector? Then consider a position as a Resident Support Aide in a long-term care home. Opportunities are available in Hawkesbury ON.
If you have experience working in retail, hospitality, an administrative role or are a student in training, then a position as a Resident Support Aide could be for you. Resident Support Aides are trained and deployed to work in long-term care homes to help residents with their daily activities such as:
Duties of Resident Support Aide:
Providing routine tasks that support residents with their daily activities, including:
- Assisting at meal times and during nutritional breaks by helping with set up, delivery and service to residents in the dining room, in their rooms or in activity areas;
- Guiding residents to and from their rooms and throughout the home to activities and to promote a positive resident experience; and
- Assisting residents with devices (cell phones/tablets) to enable residents to communicate with their families and friends.
Providing residents with comfort and sense of purpose, including:
- Greeting residents, families and visitors in a positive and supportive manner, requesting if they need assistance of any kind; and
- Providing companionship to residents while reflecting the preferences of the resident.
Communicating with and supporting the care team by:
- Checking equipment and restocking unit supplies, reporting issues to the supervisor;
- Assisting as appropriate with team members who are transferring or positioning residents;
- Completing assigned clerical tasks;
- Assisting in set up of resident activities and programs; and
- Participating in care team meetings as appropriate.
What do you need to qualify?
- Successful completion of two years of secondary school (minimum grade 10)
- Must have completed RSA online training program (provided free of charge)
- Must complete online health system and LTC sector orientation modules
- Must complete in-house training before commencing duties
Skills & Abilities:
- Must have good judgement and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to observe residents and any behavioural changes which may require a call for care assistance
- Must be sensitive and empathetic to the needs of the residents
- Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, visitor and others
Temporary Casual (days and evenings - no overnight shifts)
Successful applicants would be hired as temporary casual employees, at a rate of $17/hour.
Contract length: 3 months
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $17.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday