Interior Health is seeking Environmental Health Officers to join our Environmental Public Health Team in the sunny Southern Interior of British Columbia!
The Environmental Health Officer is responsible for carrying out the diverse program of Health Protection by:
- Managing and delivering consistent, quality, evidence-based programs, services and strategies to reduce risk and improve health.
- Accomplishing our mission through utilizing a mandate continuum of advocacy, partnership, health education, risk management, facilitated compliance, and the application of law.
Using a variety of professional and technical skills the position promotes and maintains a high standard of public health; enforces applicable health legislation, policies and standards; conducts inspections and risk assessments; identifies factors detrimental to community and environmental health; reduces the incidence of communicable disease, performs technical assessments; provides consultative and education services and ensures that community development does not conflict with a healthy environment.
Recognized as one of B.C.’s top employers, we offer progressive and diverse workplaces, a network of welcoming multi-disciplinary colleagues and a range of benefits and services to support you:
- Recognition of previous experience in determining salary
- Relocation assistance for eligible positions
- Extended health and dental plan
- Generous employer paid vacation & sick pay
- Pension plan, life insurance & LTD
- Training and career development opportunities
- Locations that qualify for BC student loan forgiveness
We are hiring in multiple locations across our stunning 215 thousand square kilometre region. If you have a certificate in Public Health Inspection (Canada) and are registered or eligible to be registered with the Board of Registration of the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors BC Branch, apply today!
Okanagan: Beautiful beaches, lakes, orchards, vineyards, golfing and world-class ski resorts all just minutes away from the main centres of Kelowna, Vernon, Penticton and Oliver.
Thompson Cariboo Shuswap: Spectacular scenery, agricultural abundance, provincial parks, culturally and historically rich communities such as Williams Lake, Kamloops, Salmon Arm, Revelstoke and Clearwater
Kootenay’s: The wilderness capital of BC offers majestic mountain ranges, glacier-fed lakes and lush forests for skiing, hiking, biking and camping. Home to sunny, laid back communities like Cranbrook, Nelson, Trail, Nakusp and Creston.
Apply today and join our team! Live, work and play in some of the most desirable communities in western Canada and make a difference in the lives of others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a health-related discipline; must have a certificate in Public Health Inspection (Canada) and must be registered or eligible to be registered with the Board of Registration of the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors BC Branch.
- Two year’s recent experience as a Public Health Inspector or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current valid provincial driver’s license.
Reference ID: 1483370
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $31.36-$39.10 per hour
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- provincial driver's license (Preferred)
- Public Health Inspection Certificate (Canada) (Required)