Do you pride yourself on making a difference in the lives of others? Do you have a passion for animals? The Oakville & Milton Humane Society is a registered charity that is committed to protecting and caring for animals.
We are hiring for a Finance Manager who wants to work in a fast-paced, exciting, and growing organization. We need someone who is dynamic and a mission driver leader, with proven experience in financial management, organizational development, and non-profit administration. Reporting to the Executive Director the Finance Manager will provide leadership, strategic direction, and overall management of finance, IT, facilities, legal, and office administration.
This role requires a hands-on Manager with outstanding attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism is imperative. A roll up your sleeves approach and great attitude is a must, as is the ability to be flexible and change direction at a moment’s notice. The ability to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside the group is essential.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing people, developing and implementing financial controls and procedures, preparing accurate financial statements and reports, provide support to Managers as it pertains to their departmental budget(s), and act as the primary liaison with our banking partner and external auditors providing all supporting documentation as necessary.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial controls and procedures
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports to the Finance Committee, the Executive Director, and funders
- Prepare annual budgets, cash flow projections, projections and forecasts, and provide support to team members managing budgets
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of regulatory filings i.e. WSIB, HST, T3010, etc.
· Oversight of the administration of the shelter as it pertains to payroll, benefits, WSIB remittance, statutory requirements, and year-end filings.
- Conduct regular financial analysis to monitor operations, manage risk, and identify future opportunities
- Lead effective organizational record-keeping and digital security
- Develop, implement, and maintain organizational systems and processes, policies, and best practices to enhance organizational effectiveness and accountability
- Oversee the processing of invoices, expense claims, and accounts receivable, with the support of the Finance Assistant
- Facility management oversight including equipment, fleet, and all governing agreements
- Develop a risk management strategy and conduct regular risk analyses in collaboration with the Executive Director
- Manage organizational contracts, including reviewing quotes and agreements with vendors and contractors
- Support fund development, partnerships, and business development as required
- Support the growth and development of two direct reports; a Finance Assistant and Facilities Supervisor
· A degree in Business, Non-Profit Management, Finance, and/or equivalent experience
· Accounting designation (CPA) required
· 5 + years of management/leadership experience, preferably within the not for profit sector
· Knowledge of common accounting software, payroll software and Canadian GAAP standards
· Expert level of efficiency with Microsoft Office and online software applications
· Must be reliable and flexible; overtime as required
· Experience with fundraising an asset
· Clear Criminal Background Check
· Excellent organizational and time management skills are required
· Demonstrated written & oral communication/interpersonal skills
· Experience working with a Board of Directors and Finance Committee
· Experience working with vendors
· Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
· Demonstrated ability to work independently
· Demonstrated diplomacy, tact and discretion
· Flexible and adaptable approach to changing situations
· A demonstrated compassion towards people as well as animals
· Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people
Interested applicants, please submit a cover letter with resume no later than August 14, 2020.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility:
OMHS is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including men, women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and Aboriginal peoples.
OMHS is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Executive Director in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining OMHS. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call. We will contact only those candidates selected for an interview and thank you for your understanding.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care