What is the opportunity?
We are currently seeking an Associate Advisor to join our advisory team. The successful candidate will deepen client relationships by offering sound advice and support to clients and to the Portfolio Manager. Identifying and assisting growth of new business opportunities will also be key.
What will you do?
- Coordinate meetings and events for the Portfolio Manager with clients and prospects: help determine agenda and key topics, prepare documentation, execute post-meeting work
- Provide proactive client service on the phone and in person, respond to client inquiries
- Identify opportunities for new business as well as among existing client base for asset consolidation or referrals
- Conduct ongoing research on markets and investments, provide regular updates to the advisory team
- Review portfolios regularly and rebalance them with guidance from the advisory team
- Make recommendations for changes, switches; track positions held; identify buy / sell opportunities; manage positions to be in line with models
- Coordinate activities with wealth management and insurance specialists and in-branch consultants: schedule, track progress, follow up
What do you need to succeed?
- Completed CSC and Investment Representative (IR) with IIROC
- University degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- 4 years or more of professional experience within investment industry
- Registered Representative (RR) license with IIROC
- Successful completion of the Wealth Management Essentials (WME) course
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Highly-developed client service skills
- CIM designation, an asset
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high performing team
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%):