At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our dynamic Insurance and Actuarial Advisory Services practice is a market leading service, covering all segments of the property/casualty and life/health insurance industries. Put simply our experts deliver creative and innovative thinking to clients worldwide, supporting them in making confident financial judgements that will help them achieve their ambitions. Here, you’ll be right at the heart of that goal, learning everything you’ll need to become a trusted professional by directly supporting our current Actuaries.
In this role you will also have the unique opportunity to broaden your network by working alongside our Insurance and Actuarial Advisory Services colleagues in the US and serving a diverse pool of US companies, including major global insurers and reinsurers. Given the nature of the ever-changing insurance landscape in the US, this will provide you with access to an expanded client base with new and interesting challenges.
What to expect
We’ll look to you to support our Client Engagement teams, performing diverse range of actuarial tasks, including financial modelling, loss reserving, financial and regulatory reporting, litigation support, customer analytics, e-claims, product development and pricing analysis, rate setting and other consulting projects. The role is designed to support you in your exams, backing up your academic and analytical progress with real-world, business oriented challenges. It’s a growing area that is seeing new applications as the digital age progresses, so there’s no limit to where, or what industries you could be supporting as you develop.
Your key responsibilities
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of popular actuarial processes and tools, all while prioritizing and creating work plans
- Building lasting relationships at all levels while working to interpret each client’s unique terminology, objectives, and motivators
- Keeping up to date with industry news and trends, and actively identifying risks or opportunities to improve our services
- Continually learning and sharing your knowledge with the wider actuarial team
- Travelling regularly, potentially internationally, to meet with clients face-to-face
Skills and attributes for success
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other related major.
- A minimum of 3 years of related actuarial experience.
- A minimum of 2 actuarial exam passed and must be pursuing Associateship in the Society of Actuarie.
- A proven ability to manage time while working on multiple, often shifting, projects, and the confidence to work both collaboratively and independently under pressure
- Excellent analytical and project management skills, along with a creative approach to overcoming challenges
- The ability to understand and persuade on complex subjects both in writing and verbally
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Master’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other related major
- Associateship in the Society of Actuaries (ASA)
What we look for
We’re most interested in intellectually curious actuaries with a clear passion for actuarial work. You’ll also need to be a great communicator, as well as flexible in the face of often rapidly changing projects.
What Working at EY Offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY Way of Work and your health and safety
EY Way of Work recognizes flexibility in the way we collaborate, innovate and deliver with the ability to work in-person and remotely. To support a healthy and safe in-person working environment, EY has implemented various layers of health and safety controls while working in the office or at client or other locations. A critical component of EY’s workplace safety program includes our COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation based on a reason protected by human rights legislation is provided.
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.