Gateway Resources Inc. is a non-profit organization assisting people with intellectual disabilities in the Winkler / Morden area.
We are recruiting for a full time (60 hours biweekly) Direct Support Professionals to work in one of our Winkler residential homes starting in January, 2019. This would involve every other weekend plus 3 evenings each week (4 p.m. - 11 p.m.). There is a possibility to increase hours based on candidate availability.
The successful candidates will support two individuals in their home and assist in providing an environment in which residents can become valued members of the community through integration. Experience working with adults on the autism spectrum is an asset.
The successful applicants must:
- have a genuine interest in supporting people with intellectual disabilities,
- be 18 years of age or older,
- have a minimum Canadian grade 10 education or equivalent,
- Must have a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License and use of personal vehicle.
- Either have or be willing to take First Aid/CPR training
- Complete a Criminal Record Check and an Adult Abuse Registry Check
- have experience in meal planning and preparation, and house cleaning
- Be motivated and willing to work as a team.Proven experience in working effectively with minimal supervision
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
Resumes will be accepted until successful candidates have been selected. When applying, please be specific about your availability.
Send resumes to:
PattyAnne LePage, CPHR
Director of Human Resources,
We would like to thank you in advance for applying for this position. We will, however, only be in contact with those applicants we wish to arrange an interview with. Please note that we are only able to consider candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of their application.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- dsp: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manitoba Class 5 Drivers (Required)