Reporting to the Engineering Manager the individual will oversee and operate a Prototype PCB Assembly Line.
- Installs components and builds printed circuit boards following specifications
- Uses electronic, hand, power, and pneumatic tools
- Customizes units and adjusts or repairs according to specifications
- Fabricates parts, cables, and test fixtures
- Inspects and tests all electronic assemblies prior to shipment
- Records serial numbers and voltages/currents, etc. for all prototype samples
- Packages finished product for customer shipment
- Maintain and operate all work-related equipment, environmental ovens, test fixtures, etc.
- Maintains and writes work procedures and all related documentation for each task.
- Works closely with project managers to develop new products according to custom requirements
- Works with management to set project schedules based on approximate delivery dates.
- Other duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education in Electronics Technician/Engineering Technology
- Be an experienced electronics technician with excellent soldering, mechanical skills
- Experience with electronic circuit board, assembly including good knowledge of suppliers, components, technologies, and techniques are desired.
- Have solid computer & typing skills and be able to use Microsoft Office, Internet & Enterprise One Resource Planning Software.
- Be a highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently as well as in a group setting
- Be well organized and able to multi-task
- Have good verbal and written communications skills
- Experience using electronic test equipment
- Knowledge of both Through-hole and Surface Mount PCB Assembly techniques.
- Be able to read and understand technical drawings, datasheets, and written work Instructions.
- Be experienced with statistical analysis techniques.
- Be experienced and able to use hand tools and small power tools.
Job Type: Full-time
- Electronics Technician: 1 year (Preferred)